Chapter 19

Her heart bled.

Her feelings froze

Her body numb.

Her eyes wept.

She couldn't take it anymore. Enough was enough. He had turned into a monster. He wasn't the same man she had married. The man who only had eyes for her. Today, he had stooped so low that he had touched her sister in law. What next? Her body shuddered thinking the worst. She whirled around as the tears made their way down her cheeks. She ran to her bedroom and took out an empty suitcase from under the bed.

Tears spilled and the clothes from the closet sprawled in the open suitcase. She was unaware of how many clothes she was dumping in the suitcase. All that mattered was that she distanced herself from him.

His heart was thudding loudly as he ran behind his wife. Ignoring the disgusted look Aileen gave him. His pulse quickened seeing the open suitcase.

"What are you doing Sammy?" he racked his brain for some excuse, "It was a mistake. I was sleepy I thought it was you standing in the kitchen."

He moved forward grabbing her arm to gain her attention. She shrugged his hand off her arm, her eyes raging with vehemence, "Don't touch me and for Allah's sake stop lying to me."

She stepped back, she was revolted to be anywhere near him.

He frantically shook his head, "No no you don't understand. It was a mistake. Believe me. I am really sorry."

Her jaw clenched, taking one step backward, her back hit the dresser. She clutched a perfume bottle that was displayed on the dressing table. The same one he had gifted her last year on their anniversary. She threw it at him. He ducked his head on time and the perfume bottle shattered against the wall. It rained glass and the liquid of perfume across the room. But both of them didn't care at that moment.

"I have had enough. I am leaving you." She pointed at his chest, "Nothing you say will change my mind."

"Please, please, Sammy listen to me." he begged.

She grabbed hold of another perfume bottle, "Get away from me or else I will hit you again."

His hands in the air as a man guilty of a crime and he stepped backwards, "Okay okay fine. I will go. Just calm down please."

She shook her head slowly, "You are late Faraz. I was calm for last few months. Not anymore."

His head bowing in shame, he left his bedroom and went to sit on his son's bed in the children's bedroom. Burying his head in his hands, he shut his eyes tightly. His heart hammering in anguish, his head throbbing. What to do? What was he thinking to act so recklessly?

Never did in his mind crossed that this news would reach Nouman. And it did. In just half an hour a violent and ferocious Nouman entered the apartment and strode straight in the children's room where they were sleeping soundly while Faraz sat in his misery.

Nouman grabbed his collar and dragged him out of the children's room and hauled him in the bedroom. Startled, Samreen eyes widened as she was packing her suitcase.

"Samreen take the baby out of this room and leave us alone." Nouman said through his gritted teeth.

Samreen swallowed, she knew well her brother's temper, "Bhai please."

Nouman glared at her that he had robbed her speech. With one last look at Faraz, she left with the sleeping baby in her arms.

Kicking the door closed, Nouman turned to his once best friend. "You bloody bastard! How dare you touch my wife?"