Chapter Eight | Party Crasher

Why did Emma go? Doesn't she know you shouldn't go to strange parties with people you don't know? Who even told her where to go? If it's Jacob, he's so dead!

I unlocked my front door and shoved everything inside before locking up. Who knows who might stumble into my garden. I marched across the street and straight into Jacob's house. I had 30 minutes to get in and out of there.

Jacob's house was a mirror reflection of my own so it was quite easy to navigate around. However the amount of sweaty bodies of teenagers was a bit of a challenge. The sound of the music was deafening inside and the stench of, well everything, was disgusting. The lights were either dim or switched off.

I pushed my way around. I found a baby gate at the bottom of the stairs. Probably to prevent drunk people from finding their way upstairs. The rooms were probably locked anyway.

I made my way through the house looking for Emma. I started to make my way to the back garden when I ran into Jacob. Jacob was still sober. It was the downside to hosting the party. It was the only way to make sure large amount of damage is not made. One year, a guy started a fire and the whole kitchen was nearly damaged if it wasn't for one sober person.

"I'm looking for Emma!" I shouted at Jacob. He gestured he couldn't hear me.

"Emma!" I tried again. He shook his head. He couldn't hear me. I grabbed his wrist and pulled him outside where the music was quieter.

"I thought you weren't coming?" Jacob asked. He was a bit confused as he knew I didn't like to go to wild parties when there was school the next day.

"I'm looking for Emma." This time he heard me. He grabbed me and pulled me back into the house. His  arm was covered in a tattoo from the elbow upwards. It was new as I hadn't seen them before or maybe he had purposely hidden them from everyone. I had to ask him later.

He stopped near the coffee table where she was dancing on top. I didn't recognise her, her black hair was a curly mess and she had a short little black dress. A lot of the guys were cheering her on along with another girl in a crop top and shorts.

I pulled Emma down from the table. The crowd started booing but soon shut up once another girl quickly replaced her. Emma was putting up a little bit of a fight but I managed to get her outside.

"I want to dance! Let me go," Emma slurred. No, you're going to bed.

"We can go dance in my house with better music" I coaxed her into following me home. I managed to carefully guide her to the pavement. I needed to cross the road. I looked to my right to only see Emily storming out her house. I felt my phone vibrate as soon as I saw her. Not another one.

"Emily! Can you please help me get her into bed?" I asked as soon as she was within hearing distance.

Emily looked at the house then us before sighing and grabbing Emma from the other side.
We crossed the road and made our way into my house. We took Emma who was half asleep up to the guest room before dumping her into bed. I removed her high heels and turned to Emily who didn't look too happy. She was in her pyjamas. Looks like someone was trying to sleep through all the noise.

"Thank you for helping me with her. Can you watch whilst I grab a bucket in case she pukes?" I said as I made my way to the door.

"Yeah..." Emily trailed off.

I went to grab a bucket and quickly checked my phone. It was 5 minutes to midnight. I checked the text I received earlier.

Make sure Emily doesn't go to the party.
-CC

One step ahead of you CC. At least I predicted something correctly. I think I'm getting the hang of this stuff.

I called my parents and asked them to inform Emma's parents that she was staying at our house. My parents said they'd be home in another 15 minutes.

"My parents will be home in 15 minutes time. They'll probably call the police to end the party...you should stay here until it's safe to return home. Trust me, it's not going to be a pretty sight," I told Emily as I set down the things for Emma. Emma was now snoring and happily in dreamland. At least that's one of us.

"But I- um never mind, I'll wait. I just wish it would be over already. I just want to sleep," She told me.

We left Emma to sleep and Emily went to lie down on the sofa. Time for this party to end. I quickly sent a message to Jacob:

Made it safely home XD Time to end the party, my parents will be home soon and they'll call the cops.

Okay
-Jacob

I started to clean up the mess I had left when I was rushing to grab Emma. I was walking past the living room when the music was switched off followed by a large amount of groans.

"Thank God!" Emily muttered under her breathe. More like thank Ella, she did her magic.

I didn't tell her that though. I didn't want people to know I was responsible for the end of their annual party. Some people were too passionate about parties.

Soon my parents returned, Emily decided it was safe enough to leave with my parents watching. I watched as she made it safely back to her house. Her own parents would return too.

My parents bid me goodnight and reminded me that I shouldn't stay up too late because I had school tomorrow. I quickly checked on Emma whilst leaving a glass of water and some painkillers for her in the morning before retiring to bed.

What a night this turned out to be.

~*~

I hate loud music and large crowds.