Chapter 38

"Sir, this is an emergency." A man, who just walked into the room said, with a worried expression on his face. "What now?" Montwik asked, leaning forward from his chair. "We have located the missing jet, sir." the man replied. "And?" Montwik asked. "It is on the home planet, sir." he replied. "Oh God." Montwik muttered. "What else do you know about the jet? About the people in it?" I asked him. "It seems that there is, at present, nobody inside the jet. The jet is present in the Kenjah Palace Air Base. The people inside were most probably taken inside the palace." he replied. "So they basically flew the jet all the way to the home planet?" Reneesh asked him. "That's right." He replied. "They flew it all the way to the home planet without anybody raising an alarm? It flew all the way there without being caught on radar?" He continued. "Erm.. Yes." The man replied, looking at Montwik. "Well, is this how effective your defense mechanisms are?" Reneesh asked Montwik. "Well.. they somehow managed to escape our systems." Montwik started. But Reneesh cut him off. "And in a few days, will they "somehow" win the war?" He asked Montwik. "I swear I don't know how the got through our systems. They are top-notch, you can trust me on that." he replied. "If your systems are top-notch, then how the freaking hell did they get past your defenses and your systems? That is my only question. You guys are supposed to be the brains of the whole planet, right? Then, someone answer me. What the hell is happening?" Reneesh yelled. The room fell silent.

No one uttered a single word. No one probably knew what to say. "Our plan is leaked. The Kenjah knows we're coming. What is he waiting for?" I asked. Just like an answer, the door opened and another man entered the room. Reneesh sighed. "What now?" he asked. "We have huge military build up near the home planet. They are going to attack us anytime soon, there is no doubt on that." he replied. "That's it. Prepare all stations for battle. We are moving out." Montwik said. "Chlod, how long before you can get your forces here?" he continued. "Two hours max." he replied. "Go and send the message out now. And, Mofr, please send out patrol vehicles and spread them around the planet." he ordered, Chlod rushed out of the room, to get the message out, how he was going to get it out, with all satellites down, was unknown to me. I had better things than finding that one out. 

"What's our plan?" I asked Montwik, as he just finished talking with Gofr. "The R&D team is starting on their process of hacking into their systems or whatever they have on their minds. As you already listened, the patrol vehicles are out, so we would know if they make any moves." he replied. "How much time, did you say it would take for us to get there?" I asked him. "Five days with the Crux Army's slower ships." he replied. "And for them? With the Vortex ships? How long to photrox?" I asked. "Four days." he replied. "What are our tactics?" I asked him. "We need to save the crew before attacking them." I said. "Here's what we'll do. We will launch a full-scale attack on the Kenjah's army. A small team would land near the Kenjah's palace, and sneak in undetected. We will rescue them, and join the attack." he said. "Easier said than done." I replied. "Well, no shit." he replied. "You guys know Sherlock Holmes?" I asked Montwik. "Never heard of him." he replied. 

"I'm going to get a team ready to find out ways to get into the Kenjah's palace undetected." Montwik said. Just then Profus entered the room and stood beside Montwik. "What advantage do we have over them?" I asked. "We have a huge advantage. All their communications pass through here. As of now, we haven't done that yet, but we plan on doing it very soon." Profus said. Just then, I heard Schrotanic screaming his head of from outside. "What is he doing here?" I asked. "Don't worry. They're just shifting him to another of the holding cells. It would make it much easier to carry on with the tests, apparently." Profus replied.

----

"We're having a panel being set up on the attack plan." Montwik told me. "I've made it very clear about the crew of the jet." he continued. "Time is running out, Montwik." I said. "I know." he replied.

_ Thanks for reading! Vote if you like it!

-Rithvik/ LPS21