❦Chapter 8❦

Never forget the mistakes that you made, thet were the ones who made you who you are today.

️♔️」️

All the guards stiffen as the new voice spoke up.

“I said, what is going on here?” my mate said again and this time irritation was clear in his voice, his voice is so husky, so deep that makes me want to purr out. He could even recite the longest story and I wouldn’t get bored of hearing his voice. I can feel waves of power coming from him in waves, this power is so strong that it belongs to a strong and mighty Alpha, but not just an Alpha, but an...Alpha King?!

‘I told you that you are special! You just didn’t want to listen to me!’ Myr said cockily as she huffed at me.

Even if he is my mate, do not forget that he had slept with another who isn’t his mate! He doesn’t want us! And if you want proof then go ask the girl who is currently in his chambers wrapped around in his duvet!’ I yelled at her and she only managed to whimper, I had hurt her but at least I said the truth.

My mate came closer to me but I only growled at him, he wasn’t expecting me to growl at me but I was angry at him, angry at what he had done.

“Mate” collective gasps of surprise came from the guards.

“She’s your mate?” I presumed that the man with black raven hair said, surprise and shock evident in his voice.

“Yes” I smiled internally, at least he hadn’t hide the fact that I was his mate and that had took some weight off my shoulders but the image of him and the other woman was still stamped in my head as I whimpered loud enough for them to hear.

“What is wrong beautiful?” he had called me beautiful, no one has ever complimented me and being called like this from my mate has overwhelmed me.

I didn’t spoke, I didn’t answer him back, I didn’t even look up at him because I am afraid that he would not want me and reject me, he had been with that woman, who’s to say that he wouldn’t be with her even after this. They had shared something deep, while I had no connection with him or whatsoever, I was just his mate.

He must have realized that I wouldn’t speak to him, maybe he had thought that I was afraid of him. Yes, I am a little afraid of him regarding the rumors that I have heard, he is a cold hearted king yet a great ruler, they say that he hates rogues but despises vampire even more. He walked closer to his Beta and asked.

“What is wrong with her?” he asks them, his eyes cold and hard.

“We don’t know, all that we know is that she is a rogue that had entered the old palace-” the Beta was cut short as my mate growled but then composed himself.

“She went to the palace?” he asked as he gritted his teeth. My eyebrows quirked up in confusion, what if I had entered the palace? Is it forbidden?

“Yes, she did, we don’t know how she did that but she put up quite a fight before we got her here, we locked her and intended to question her-” my mate growled and the Beta slightly flinched and I wantes to roll my eyes. He really didn't have to act like he cares about my well being, he already has a replacement. I thought bitterly and sadly.

“But she had managed to escape and ran through the halls and we found her here” the Beta ended and my mate only nodded before he came closer to me, I growled at him in warning but he just shrugged it off as he swooped me and carried me up in bridal style, as his skin met with mine, sparks bursted as tingles shot up, my stomach was erupting in butterflies as I yelped. Myr howled in pleasure as his mate carried us, she even purred, that wolf!