four

"Alexa, wake up" a calming voice whispered, I recongised it as Luke's

"Mmm, what time is it?" I muttered, fluttering open my eyes and realising it didn't appear to be morning

"2am" he replied, turning on my main bedroom light, making my eyes go funny

I yawned and stretched out my arms "Why have you woken me at this time?"

Luke ripped the covers from my body "We're taking mum to the airport, Ell's driving. We really need to go now to make it in time"

I looked down at my pyjamas "Um I'm in a pink fluffy onesie"

Luke laughed "So? Its all good! Corey's in his pyjamas too"

I shrugged and stood up on my bed "Ah, Luke?"

"Yeah?" he frowned

"Turn around please" I asked, so his back was facing me

I jumped on his back and wrapped my hands around his neck "to the car please bro"

Luke carried me to the car and sat me in the back. Elliott was using Mums car to drive, which seats 7. Mum was in shotgun, Luke was sat behind Elliott, with me and Corey next to him, I was piggy in the middle

I buckled my belt in and rested my head on Luke's shoulder

The nearest airport to our home is a 2 hour drive, which sucks really, considering we will have to make a 4 hour journey in total. I dont see why mum couldnt get a Taxi, or a coach to the aiport, rather than making it a huge family trip to drop off. Silly really isnt it?

Third person

Elliott was recieving rules about what was to happen whilst his mum were away. Rules consited of different things, such as looking after his sister and brothers, making sure the doors and windows were locked on an evening, to ensure Alexa didnt misbehave or answer back, the house to be tidy upon arriving home.....the usual rules given whenever their Mum went away. She is quite strict when she leaves for her breaks away.

Going away on holidays and trips were ways for Mandy to have ideas and experiences for her stories she writes, fictional books about the places she has visited and the people she has met.

Alexa has probably been impacted the hardest emotionally, as her mum began to do these holidays when she as 12/13, and is now 17. She grew up being cared for mainly by her older brothers, which as you can imagine has its advantages and disadvantages

As Mandy's husband and the father of the siblings left when Alexa was 5, Mandy had to bring all five children up on her own, and she struggled financially and emotionally. She didnt have any help, because who could help her? She also used the breaks away as a chance to escape from her stressful life back home and to be free, wandering around a new city and exploring. Any troubles were left at home, and the breaks away were her chance to experience a stress free life.