picture this

I count down the minutes until it is exactly two hours later, knowing Delilah will be nothing but on time. When there is a minute before it's two hours, I decide to leave.

"Where are you going?" Freezy asks, from the comfort of the sofa, Chip next to him.

"Out." I simply reply.

"You're going out with that Delilah, aren't you?" Chip chuckles.

"Maybe." I mumble, opening the front door.

"You should bring her up to meet us, we don't bite." Freezy laughs.

"Yeah." I mutter, before closing the door.

I walk to the lift, nervously. I notice her floor light has lit up and smile. The door opens and she stands there, in a pair of black jeans and a black and white striped, woolly jumper. A pair of black, combat boots sit on her feet and a charcoal grey coat is covering her arms. Her camera is hanging around her neck as she walks in.

"Hi." She mumbles, standing next to me.

"Hey." I smile back.

"You'll be cold in just that." She chuckles at my attire, consisting of a sweatshirt and a pair of joggers.

"I'll be fine." I laugh back.

"Sure, sure." She shakes her head, smiling.

"So, what are we doing?" I ask.

"I thought, y'know-you could come with me to take pictures and stuff." She shrugs, a tint of pink highlighting her cheeks.

"Nothing I'd rather do." I whisper, as she looks down, smiling.

I notice her happiness at taking photos of everything, my happiness just coming from hers. She drags me all over London, to places I have never even ventured to. She is so uncharacteristically adventurous and completely different as she acts like a child on Christmas, as we wander around the well-lit London streets. We walk across the Thames Bridge, we stop halfway across it and she stands on her tiptoes, taking a photo of the water.

"Here, let me take one of you." I chuckle, placing my hand on her camera.

"No, you don't need a photo of me." She laughs with me, but lets me take the camera.

"Of course I do." I smile, holding the camera up to my eye.

She laughs and I take the photo, I press on to it and smile at it. Her eyes are slightly wide and her smile is gorgeous. The beam of the surrounding lights cause her skin to glow. She looks like an angel. She takes the camera from me and blushes at the photo.

"You gotta let me take one of you now." She smirks, holding the camera up.

"I have model potential, so that's fine." I sarcastically laugh, gazing out to the water jokingly.

"That is such a nice photo." She laughs, shocked.

"I'm very photogenic." I laugh with her, as we continue to walk down the bridge.

"Do you do this every night?" I ask, as we walk down an empty London street, our hands clasped together.

She shrugs, "sometimes I just go for walks, sometimes I take photos, sometimes I just like to sit outside."

"Why do you like photos so much?" I question, her body moving closer to mine as we cross the road.

She takes a few seconds to answer before she does, "they speak for me."

I smile at her answer, "you're more interesting to talk to, though."

She laughs, "oh, really?"

"Really." I chuckle.

"I am quite the conversationalist." She grins.

"Oh, sure you are." I shake my head, laughing.

She laughs with me, nudging me in the ribs slightly. I look down to her, due to the height difference, and find myself lost in her alluring eyes. Her laugh dies down and turns in to a small smile.

"You're beautiful." I whisper.

She blushes and looks down, but I place two fingers under her chin and bring her back up to my eye-line.

"I wish you wouldn't do that." I mumble.

"Why?" She mumbles back.

"Because then I can't see your pretty eyes." I smile at her.

She shakes her head, a nervous smile leaving her lips.

"Do you disagree with me?" I question.

"What?" She asks.

"Do you think you're not beautiful?" I ask.

"Of course I don't, I am not that self-centred nor am I that impressed by my physical appearance." She chuckles.

"If only you saw what I saw though, then you'd agree." I smile at her, pushing a strand of her hair back, behind her ear.

"You're making this really difficult for me." She whispers.

"Making what difficult?" I smirk softly at her.

"Trying to not want you." She shakily breathes out.

"For once, maybe you should just go for it." I say in hushed tones.

She looks me straight in the eyes.

Then I lean forward.

And she follows.

Our lips crash in a frenzy of frozen skin and held hands.

It seems to be infinite.

And I wish it was because I can't imagine anywhere I'd rather be than with Delilah.