operation don't-mess-it-up

Three months pass in utter bliss, Delilah and I see each other most, if not, every day. I casually post photos of us out, whether it be of our legs tangled when we were sitting in the back of Simon's car, or when our hands were messily held together when we visited the beach again. The fans still bombard me with questions about it and I have managed to keep my mouth shut, as have the rest of the boys which shocks me a little. 

It's currently the seventeenth of August, the day before Delilah's birthday. I only know since I made her tell me, after she initially refused because she 'hates birthdays'. But it's her twenty first and since I know she isn't one to get drunk or party, I have to make it memorable in a different way. 

"What you doing?" Delilah asks, walking in to her living room as I scroll through a website on my laptop.

I slam the lid shut, "nothing."

She narrows her eyes at me, "okay?"

"I actually have to go do something-for a video, I'll see you later, yeah?" I smile, kissing her cheek before rushing out of the flat.

I jog upstairs, not being patient enough to wait for the lift. I barge in to my flat and find Cal lounging on the sofa.

"Freezy, I need your help." I announce.

"With?" He asks.

"Delilah's birthday." I smile and notice him smile too.

"I'm in."

"Yeah, just print them all out and then Chip is gonna take them to the place and then Simon's getting the balloons and I trusted Josh with getting the cake and I told JJ to invite everyone else." I say to Cal, as I rummage through my draws, trying to find what I have been looking for for the past twenty minutes.

"Sounds good." He shouts back from the living room.

My phone dings and I sigh, getting it out of my pocket and seeing Delilah's brother has messaged me back, finally. 

Joe: I'll be there

It's a simple text but I appreciate the reply, I go to put my phone away but he texts again:

Joe: am I okay to bring people?

Harry: yeah, definitely

Joe: cool, I'll see you there

I feel a little intimidated at the thought of meeting her twenty six year old brother. Delilah has said many times he's really nice and funny but I think the idea of meeting him still makes me feel slightly queasy. 

I check the time, my phone reads '6:32 p.m'. I read through my texts, all of the boys saying everyone is there and everything is ready. I breathe out a sigh of relief at their seemingly non-existent organisational skills finally working out. I walk down to Delilah's flat, after telling her I'd come down. I dress up slightly, knowing where we're going, but didn't want to tell her because I know she would of refused. I'm only dressed in a simple, white, button-up shirt, the sleeves rolled up to my elbows. A pair of black jeans sit on my legs and some trainers are on my feet; not being too formal 'cause I know she'd hate that. I knock on her door, she opens it and I smile at her. A pair of blue, skinny jeans sit on her legs and a burgundy Adidas t-shirt consumes her torso. 

"What's up?" She smiles.

"I heard it's a certain someones twenty first." I smirk.

"Really? I never got the memo." She chuckles.