Chapter One.

*seven years later*
Rayne's POV

I groaned as I lifted my head off the pillow and threw the covers off of myself.

Today was Friday, meaning one more day of school until the winter holidays.

I lazily got out of bed and made my way to the bathroom across the hall from my bedroom.

My parents were on a business trip and wouldn't be back for Christmas, which sucks for me.

But they have to go, otherwise they wouldn't be able to pay the bills.

Both my parents work together. They run a huge business that is something to do with restaurants.

They have at least one restaurant in each city in the USA.

I couldn't care less about their jobs.

I hate how they're never home.

But there's nothing I can do about it, so on with my day.

I took a shower and went back into my room to find an outfit to wear.

I threw on some black stockings, a black leather-type material skirt, a black tank top and a dark red jumper.

To finish the look off I added smokey makeup, dark red lips and black cat-flick eyeliner and mascara and a bit of black eyeshadow.

I then went downstairs to get a granola bar for breakfast, I grabbed the bar from the cupboard, and my bag from the floor in the hallway, then pulled on some black, felt material ankle boots.

"Bye parents." I said sarcastically to myself.

I unlocked the front door and walked through, locking it behind me.

I began to walk to school.

I had to walk past the 'shadey street'.

This is the street where the nice cozy houses stop, and are replaced by large, rundown apartment blocks.

There is graffiti everywhere and the whole place is grey. The buildings are tall and block all sunlight and the ground is littered with trash and broken glass.

For some reason I've always felt like I'm being watched when I walk past this one building.

It seems fancier than the others, with little machines that take your finger print and a code to get in.

This one building has words graffitied in fancy writing and I think it's in Latin.

I learned Latin in school once.

The words are "pro libertate occidere" which I think means 'killing for freedom' or 'for the freedom to kill' I'm not sure which one.

Xander's POV

She looked beautiful, when did she not?

She was wearing stockings and a leather skirt.

All I wanted to do was go downstairs and out of the apartment, pick her up and make her mine.

But I had to wait.

I had it all planned out.

First I go to her house and pack her thing while she's at school, then I take her things back to my new house on the other side of town.