Chapter Three

Xander's POV

I had her!

I finally had my baby girl in my arms!

"Goodnight my little girl." I whispered in her ear before placing a kiss on her forehead.

The chloroform kicked in and she went limp in my arms.

I wrapped her arms around my neck so that she was hugging me then I lifted her up so her legs were around my torso so I could carry her.

Her head was gently laid on my shoulder as my hands rested under her thighs, holding her up.

"I'm sorry." I whispered.

I shifted her weight so I could hold her with one arm while I opened the door with the other.

I carried her to my car (my SUV, since I can't drive the Mustang on the road to get to our house) and placed her next to the drivers side on the bench seat.

I sat in the drivers seat and pulled her into my side so that she had her head on my shoulder.

As I drove I kept glancing down at her sleeping figure.

She looked so peaceful.

After another hour of driving we finally arrived at home.

I brought this bit of land in the woods just for us and built the modern open house for us too.

I parked the SUV next to the Mustang and carefully got me and Rayne out of the car.

I picked up Rayne and set her on my left hip like she was a baby.

My baby.

I slowly opened the door and took the first step inside the place we would grow old together.

I walked further into the house and went up the spiral stairs to my right.

Upstairs there was a small hallway with one door.

The door lead to an upstairs lounge room which had another door that lead to the master bedroom.

I set Rayne down on the king sized bed and sat on the edge next to her.

I looked over to the left wall, which was made of glass (a full wall window).

It was really dark outside and raining too.

I stood up from the bed and closed the beige curtains.

I had to be careful when walking around the room because the oak wood floorboards creaked under my weight and I didn't want to wake Rayne.

But then again, I need to wake her up in order to get her to breath in more oxygen to flush the chloroform from her system.

I sat down on the bed again and leaned over her body.

"Rayne, Ra-ayne! Wake up baby."

I whispered as I moved a piece of her hair from her face.

She stirred slightly but then relaxed.

Suddenly as if remembering what happened her breathing sped up.

She kept her eyes closed though.

"I know you're awake open your eyes." I said firmly.

"Wh-where am I?" She asked in a soft voice.

"Home."