Chapter Four

RAYNE

"Home." He said.

I tried to remain calm but my breathing sped up and I could feel my throat tighten in fear.

I kept my eyes closed tight as I asked.
"Who are you?"

"Open your eyes and I'll tell you." He said.

Just to spite him, I kept my eyes closed.

"Oh, you have no idea how long I've waited for you." The deep voice whispered into my ear.

He put his hand on the side of my face making me flinch away.

I was curious as to who this man was but I wasn't going to give in and open my eyes.

"H-how long?" I asked, my throat dry.

"I've been watching over you since you were only 10." He whispered.

That's 7 years.

"You've been stalking me for 7 YEARS!" I gasp.

"Those beautiful blue green eyes have haunted my memory since I first saw you with your parents in that café." He whispered, more to himself than to me.

I chose to try to reason with him.

Maybe he'd let me go.

"What do you want?" I sighed.

"Show me those eyes of yours and I'll tell you." He compromised.

I debated on whether or not to do as he said but then I realised, I want to know why I'm being taken from my family.

I opened my eyes.

Then I saw him.

Icy blue eyes.

He had tanned skin, sharp features and slight stubble.

His black hair swooped to the right slightly.

Then my eyes reached his lips that were curved up slightly to one side in a cocky smirk.

I had to remind myself that he's my stalker.

As soon as I remembered I looked away and closed my eyes again.

"What do you want?" I whispered.

He roughly grabbed my face with one hand and squished my cheeks together.

"Don't you dare hide your eyes from me!" He growled.

I let out a small whimper.

I opened my eyes and let tears fall freely out of them.

"I want you." He said gently as he released my face and stroked my tears away with the pads of his thumb.

My eyes went wide.

"No. you're a stalker! Get away from you creep!" I yelled as I tried to push him away.

I put my hands on his chest and tried to push him but he wouldn't budge.

"I suggest you stop trying to get me away from you." He whispered huskily in my ear.

He leaned more on me and placed a slow butterfly of a kiss on my exposed neck.

"You sick bastard!" I yelled.

The next thing I know is I'm pinned to the bed by my wrists and this man is straddling my waist.

"This is MY house. You are MY girl. You follow MY rules!" He hissed into my face making me flinch away.

"Rule number one: YOU WILL DO EXACTLY AS I SAY!" He yelled.

I chose to stay quiet as he looked like he was about to explode with rage.

I let all my tears out along with soft sobs.

"Fuck," the man whispered, "fuck, shit, bloody hell." He said a bit louder.

He quickly got off of me and stood up, repeatedly running his hand through his hair and pacing back and forth.

Eventually he stopped pacing and pinched the bridge of his nose.

Just as he looked calm and composed, he clicked like a switch and punched the wall closest to him.

The wall, where he punched, cracked and split all the way up to the ceiling.

The man turned back to me and looked me in the eyes.

He looked desperate.

"I am so, so sorry! I didn't mean to scare you." He said in a soft voice, inching closer to me.

"Please," I said "don't hurt me."

That seemed to set him off again and he turned back around and punched the wall again, making the crack bigger.

"I'M NOT GOING TO BLOODY HURT YOU!" He yelled.

I curled up into a ball and hugged my legs close to my chest.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry please just let me go." I whimpered rocking back and forth.

The man calmly sat down next to me and pulled me into his side.

I was too tired and shocked to react and pull away.

"My name is Xander." He said "And I will never let anyone hurt you, my precious Rayne drop."

He gently rocked me and I was too drained of energy to do anything.

"Rule number 2: I love you, and you will love me. Whether you like it or not." Xander whispered.

Eventually everything went dark and I was once again lulled into the land of slumber.