Chapter 7

Raynes pov

*

After I broke the window to Xanders bedroom I climbed down the ivy that grew up the wall. I heard Xander yelling at his people, this man, he must have been someone special if he had so many people taking orders from him. What was his interest in me though? I'm a nobody!

Xanders voice began to get louder. I panicked. I ran. I heard yelling behind me but I didn't stop. I swear I heard a gunshot but I was too scared to turn around and look.

Surrounding the house was a woodland type area. The trees stretched high almost touching the clouds. But they weren't that tall. We must be on a hill somewhere. I began to run faster almost tripping over the freshly cut grass in the garden. I finally made it into the woods. I didn't stop running for another 30 minutes.

The shouting and yelling was distant now. I felt safe.

I began to walk around the woodland area, my feet ached. I should have put my shoes on. The soles of my feet were red and side and I think I had a chunk of glass in the heel of my foot.

I was far away from home and I was going to die if xander found me.

I sat down against a pine tree and brought my knees to my chest and began to sob lightly.

What do I do now?