Ch. 30 - Weenie Freshman

The rest of the summer was as good as you could imagine. It was the most normal summer I've had yet. I was a regular teenage girl who got to sleep in to noon each day and hang out with her boyfriend every night. I didn't have added stress of work for the first time in ten years. And I didn't miss working one bit.

"Will you please take that stupid bandaid off your face?" I ask, plopping down on the couch next to Elliott and handing him his drink.

It has been three weeks since Jett stabbed Elliott. There's just a scab left on his cheek. Sadly it's not a scar like the Harry Potter boy wanted.

"Come on, Ivy! It makes me look like Nelly," he says with a grin. "So hot in here!"

I snort at his attempt to mimic the rapper, but play along nonetheless. "I am getting so hot. I want to take my clothes off!"

Somehow we end up dancing all around the living room to the 2000's song looking like idiots. Also, somehow Elliott ended up shirtless and I ended up in just a sports bra. Hey... normal couple stuff, right?

"I want to strangle her!"

My eyes widen as Addison walks into the house. I fall to the floor to cover myself with a pillow. Elliott just stands there and laughs. She slams the door shut and starts pacing around the the living room.

"It-it's not what it looks like!" I say in panic, zipping my sweatshirt up and handing Elliott his t-shirt. "We were just-"

"Brianna Holden is such a hoe!" Addison screams, completely oblivious to the two of us.

"So, how was your first day of school, Ad?" Elliott asks as he puts his shirt on.

She shakes her head and puts on one of those deathly smiles. "So great, Elliott! So, so great!"

"Calm down," I say and go to her side. "Tell us what happened before you explode."

"Do you want to know what happened?" she asks angrily. "Do you really want to know what happened?"

"Yes, that's why we just asked," Elliott states the obvious.

"Well, Brianna Holden ruined my life! That's what happened!" She waves her hands around the air like a madwoman. "Now I'll have no friends and no life and-and I'll have no other option but to move to Canada!"

Elliott smiles. "Don't you think you're being a bit dramatic?"

"Just wait until you hear what she did!" she snaps. "I'm not being dramatic. I'm so not dramatic that I'm almost under-dramatic. I should've shaved my whole head and transferred schools by now!"

"Tell us what she did already!" I practically beg.

"See for yourselves." She pulls her phone out of her backpack and taps around before covering her face with her arm and handing me the phone.

Elliott hovers over me, eager to see what Brianna Holden has done. I look at the screen and see it's an Instagram page. There are 54 posts of what seems to be writings from some type of book or journal.

"What is this?" Elliott asks, clicking on the most recent post.

"It's my diary!" she screams. "That bitch posted my diary on Instagram!"

"Okay, first of all, language," I warn. "Second of all, I'm sure not that many people saw it or cared to read all of it."

"Okay, first of all," Addison mimics, "you're not my nanny anymore." She huffs. "And she followed like every person in the United States of America! I know for a fact Mikey read it. And kids at school today kept whispering and pointing at me. That stuff is super private. So, that's it. To Canada I go!"