1 : 1 2 a m

LEGEND:
Declan - bold
Grayson - italics

████████████████

"Hello, Parent Helpline here. Whatever is worrying you, tell us and we'll be there to help and support you every step of the way!"

"I'm sorry I took a piss at you."

"Ah. You."

"You should be grateful I said sorry."

"But since I'm not, you better make me."

"Fuck. I don't even know why I bother."

"Wait! Look, I'm new, alright, and I'm not exactly a great people person. So unless you talk to me, I can't help you!"

"..."

"Okay, so... about your dad?"

"... Yeah, my dad."

"What did he do?"

"Do? Hell, he fucked every woman he's with up alright."

"Okay..."

"... Sorry, I'm just... I'm on the verge of grabbing everything in reach and bashing them against the wall, so I'm not sure if I'm ready to think about that conversation again."

"Right. Okay, sure. Well then... does anyone else know?"

"Well, my mom and my grandma. They know I know. I think. [Short pause] My little brother doesn't though."

"Well, that's a good start."

"Good start? [Voice rises] Fuck, I can think of about another ten thousand better starts right now! What the fuck do you mean, good start?"

"..."

"Fuck; sorry."

"... It's okay. Can't say I've had worse, but... at least you apologise."

"Hah – see? I just made you grateful."

"Huh. You did."

"... Are you just saying that so I won't snap again?"

"Would you though, if I'd replied to that?"

"...Possibly."

"Well, we're getting somewhere."

""We"."

"Yeah, "we"."

"Honestly. I've just called twice, and already there's a "we"."

"If you'd be so kind as to tell me your name, I won't have to refer to us as "we"."

"There are other ways to refer to people, for example words like "I" and "you", which are called pronouns."