hale of a lot?

hale of a lot? - chapter nineteen

cassie

I was forced to hang out with Allison and Lydia by Scott, since he wanted me to see if I can discover anything. But we were in the middle of the woods.

"Allison, when you said you needed to stop for an errand before we went shopping, a five-mile hike in the woods was not what I was expecting." Lydia mumbled as we followed Allison.

"Before I forget, I wanted to ask if you're okay with something." Allison said. "Jackson asked me to the winter formal."

I glanced at Lydia. "Did he?" Lydia asked.

"Yeah." Allison nods as we keep following her. "Just as friends. But I just wanted to make sure you're okay with it first."

"Sure. As long as it's just friends." Lydia said.

Yeah, I still can't believe that Jackson dumped Lydia.

"Well, yeah, I mean, it's not like I would take him to the coach's office during lacrosse practice to make out with him or anything." Allison said and I widened my eyes.

"Oh..." Lydia mumbled. "Uh, Cassie, who asked you to the formal?"

"Me?" I glanced at her. "I'm not going."

"What? Why?" Allison asked.

"I just don't really like it." I said. "And I don't have a dress anyways, or a cool guy to go with me."

"We'll, we're going shopping and I'm sure I can get you a really hot lacrosse player." Lydia said and I giggled.

Please, don't.

Allison stopped, grabbing a crossbow, which is a little bit weird and some thing that I couldn't really figure it out what is was.

"What does that do?" I asked.

"We're about to find out." Allison said with a smile, grabbing her crossbow and positioning the arrow on it.

She shot the arrow and I flew into a tree, it made a loud noise and it was like that thing that she put on the arrow exploded.

"What the hell was that?"

"I don't know." Allison replied.

"Well, that was fun!" Lydia exclaimed. "Any more lethal weapons you wanna try out?"

I looked around as I heard a noise, something told me that I should see what it was. I heard it again so I looked at the girls.

"Stay here."

"Where are you going?" Allison whispered.

"I'm just gonna take a look." I said, "Stay here with Lydia. Don't worry. It's probably nothing."