scales

scales – chapter thirty two

stiles

I entered the back of the van and I saw a very angry and handcuffed Jackson looking at me. I closed the door and sat in front of him.

"Okay, I brought you some foo—"

"Let me out now!" He shouted in anger, trying to hit me but he couldn't.

"You know, I put those pants on you, all right, buddy? One leg at a time. Being all up-close and personal with your junk wasn't exactly a highlight of my day! So don't think this is fun for me either." I hissed. "You know we're actually doing you a favor?"

"This is doing me a favor?" He glanced at the chains.

"Yes. You're—You're killing people. To death. Yeah?" I snapped. "And until we can figure out how to stop you, you're gonna stay in here. I'm sorry. Now..." I grabbed the sandwiches. "Do you want the ham and cheese, or the turkey club?"

"You actually think my parents won't be looking for me?" he groaned.

"Uh, well..." I threw a sandwich on his hand. "Not if they don't think anything's wrong." I grabbed his phone from my pocket, showing him the text I sent to his parents. "Yeah."

Then, I began telling him about how he looks like as a Kanima and I was sure he wasn't believing me.

"Scales? Like a fish?" He asked, rolling his eyes.

"No, more like a reptile. Um, and, uh, your claws have this liquid that paralyzes people, and you have a tail." I told him.

"I have a tail?" He asked like I was stupid.

"Yeah, you have a tail." I nodded.

"Mm. Does it do anything?"

"No, not that I know of." I mumbled.

He jumped. "Can I use it to strangle you?"

"You still don't believe me." I scoffed. "All right. The night of the semi-final game, what did you do right after?"

"I went home."

"Are you sure about that?" I asked.

"Yes, you idiot. What the hell else would I do?" He asked.

"You attacked me, my sister and Derek at the school. And you trapped us in the pool. You also killed a mechanic—Right in front of me and my sister, by the way. That was lovely." I chuckled in annoyance. "And one of the Argent's hunters. Oh, and last night, you tried to kill Danny."

"Why would I want to kill my best friend?"

"Well, that's what Scott's out trying to figure out right now." I replied.

"Mm. Well, maybe, he should be trying to figure out is how he's going to pay for a lawyer when I prosecute your asses all the way to jail!" Jackson shouted.