💠THIRTEEN💠

EDITED NOVEMBER 20TH, 2018

"Luna! You just killed them! Oh gods, those were working class Americans!"

I rolled my eyes, lowering my bow after shooting the final janitor in the back with one of my arrows.

"Grover, they aren't dead so relax. Annabeth gave me stuff to coat my arrows in, it knocks them out. They'll wake up in a few hours so please, stop yelling at me,"

"Right, cause that still makes up for the fact that you shot them in their backs," he muttered. I rolled my eyes and walked around the Parthenon, taking my arrows from their backs and placing them back in my quiver.

"Either of you know how to use these?" Percy called out to us, taking the flying shoes Luke had given us from my bag.

"Put them on, shout 'Maia!' and they should work. You need to take it easy at first, they won't be very easy to use right off the bat," I informed him, walking to stand next to the boy.

"You ever used them before?"

"Once, when Luke and I were younger. He didn't teach me how to use them so I was kind of a mess," I told Percy with a grin, which only made him laugh.

Grover and I watched as he placed each shoe on, shouting 'Maia!' at them and soon flying up into the air uncontrollably. I giggled slightly, knowing I had warned him of this. He looked like I did all those years ago when it happened to me. He managed to gain some type of control, though, holding onto the head of Athena.

"Grab the pearl and come back down!" I called up to him without looking, kneeling and searching through my book-bag. I found a small knife and threw it to Grover, telling him it was just in case of an emergencies.

"Thanks, cause a knife the size of my hand will really protect me..." he muttered. I laughed lightly as Percy finally came back to the ground, landing beside me with the green-blue pearl in his hand.

The three of us gathered of gear, moving toward the front door. Percy attempted to push it open, but it wouldn't budge.

"It's locked," he said, trying to door once more. I nudged him to the side, attempting the lock as well.

"Um, guys? We got bigger problems!" Grover exclaimed, slapping our arms and trying to gain our attention.

"Oh shit," I said bluntly. All of the janitors were standing in front of us in a line, the Athena statue looming in the background. Something wasn't right though. Humans should not have woken up from that stuff so quickly. Annabeth said it would knock them out for at least a few hours, at least enough time to get the pearl and get out.

"Don't worry guys, I got this," Grover told us with full confidence, moving forward to speak with the men.

"Percy, take this," I told him, keeping my eyes on Grover and the men as I pulled out the retractable shield Luke had given us from the bag and handing it to him. He asked no questions, realizing that something was wrong. He slipped his arm through it, retracting Riptide as I readied an arrow in my bow.

"PERCY JACKSON, GIVE US THE BOLT," the voices of the janitors combined into one booming voice, and I swore under my breath.

"This isn't good," Grover muttered as he backed up to us. I threw him a 'no duh' look as we turned back to the janitors. They moved closer together, their skin seeming to melt.

"Guys, it's a-"

"HYDRA!" Grover exclaimed. The bodies of the janitors melted together, the large mythical creature forming before out eyes

Each of us fell behind a pillar as the Hydra completed it's transformation, fire coming from each of it's 3 mouths , burning the air around us. I reached for my backpack, swearing as I realized it wasn't on my shoulder. I turned to look around the pillar, realizing that it on the ground next to the front door. I must have dropped it when we ran, there had to be something in there to stop a Hydra.

One head went at each of us, and we fought it off with everything we had. I felt bad that Grover only had a small knife I had given him, but the head didn't seem as interested in him as it was with Percy and I. It continuously attacked the two of us. It must know about me, about my prophecy, if it's attacking me.

 Percy fought off the head by him with Riptide one second, then fending off the fire it threw at him the next.

I was just shooting arrows at the head attacking me blindly, not really sure if I was doing any damage. I needed to just keep the head as far away as I could, seeing as I was defenseless if it tried to throw a wall of fire at me.

I dug my foot into the ground, hoping bring forth roots or something that would help us in this situation. I cursed, realizing that the material of the building wasn't going to allow me to call forth anything. It was moments like this where I wished I had Arrow beside me, he usually had some type of good idea on how to fend off monsters.

I had ceased firing arrows for a moment, closing my eyes and attempting to summon something of the earth. Rocks, roots, grass, I didn't even care, I just wanted something to help me hold back the Hydra head for a few extra seconds.

"Luna!" Percy's shout cause me to break focus, my eyes popping open. I whipped to the side, seeing the Hydra head opening it's mouth. The fire built inside as I notched an arrow in my bow, but I knew it would do me no good. Instead, I closed my eyes and waited.

An arm suddenly wrapped around my waist as my eyes popped open. Percy held me tightly to him as the fire hit the shield, the heat blasting around us.

"Thank you..." I managed to mumble, slightly at a loss for words at the situation. Percy looked down, grinning at me as the Hydra head continued to spew fire at the two of us. I, though, was lost in Percy's eyes.

"Come on, number one rule of battle is not to let your opponent distract you," Percy said with a smirk, and my cheeks flamed up as I realized what I was doing. I shook my head, notching an arrow once more as I stepped away from Percy.

"Sometimes I think you're trying to get me killed, water boy,"