💠FIFTEEN💠

EDITED NOVEMBER 20TH, 2018

"LAS VEGAS BABY WE COMING FOR YOU!" Grover shouted from the driver's seat of the car, throwing his fist up into the air. We left the Parthenon about an hour ago, and the Lotus Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada was the next destination to appear on our map. Grover was just slightly excited about Vegas, seeing as he's been repeating that line for the last hour of the trip to Nevada.

I was consumed by my own thoughts, though, as I stared out the window and watched the trees roll by as rolled down the highway. 

My eyes had turned green. I had used my powers many times before, but my eyes were silver. They've always been silver, my entire life, so why were they green?

"Shit," I hissed, grabbing onto the back of my leg where my jeans no longer were. I had my feet pulled up to my chest, and my adrenaline finally seemed to wear off as I felt the burn of the Hyrda's mark.

"Luna, are you okay?" Percy quietly said, moving from his seat on the other side of the car and sitting right beside me in the middle seat. I nodded my head as Arrow looked up at me from the floor.

"Just a burn from the Hydra, that's all. I'll be okay,"

"I could heal it-"

"There's no water around, Percy. That's not gonna work," I sent him a thankful smile, though. It was nice to be cared about so much.

Percy reached into my backpack instead, grabbing the small medical kit from inside it and pulling out gauze, wrapping it around the burned section of my leg.

"You and I really need to stop bandaging one another up with this stuff," Percy teased, making me laugh as I thought back to just a few days ago on the training grounds. It blew my mind that in only a short few days I could develop feelings toward Percy. There really was something about him that was just so intense, it just drew me in.

I wonder if this is how my mother felt when she met my father.

"Maybe both of you should stop doing stupid things," Grover called out from the front, and the two of us laughed lightly. I rested my head on Percy shoulder as a calm quietness fell upon us.

"Guys? I've been meaning to ask you something," Grover gave him a nod, telling him to go ahead. "When we were at Luke's cabin, before we left, you said something about how Zeus can't kill us, about how we're too important. What did you mean?"

Grover and I locked eyes as I sighed, lifting my head from Percy's shoulder as I turned to the window.

"Percy, there's a lot of chatter among the gods. There's a lot of talk about certain events that could happen in the future, ones that involve demi-gods,"

"For now, all we need to be worried about is the lightning bolt," I interjected, ignoring the look Grover shot me as I turned my gaze to the window. "If Zeus doesn't get his bolt by midnight of the summer solstice, he will wage a war of the gods. That war can only be stopped by demi-gods. He needs us, so we need to focus on finding the bolt and saving your mother to prevent that war from happening."

I looked back to the rear view mirror, seeing Grover shake his head at me as I returned my gaze to the window.

It was wrong, and I knew it was, to keep the prophecies from Percy. But there was still a chance, the smallest sliver of a chance that Percy wasn't the demi-god in the Great Prophecy. Until he visited the Oracle and she officially gave him the prophecy, there was hope it wasn't him mentioned in it.

I wanted to keep Percy from a life driven by a prophecy for as long as I could.