💠TWENTY-FIVE💠

EDITED NOVEMBER 20TH, 2018

"I missed you, Arrow," I whispered, holding my little wolf close to me as I sat on the dock outside of Percy's cabin, admiring the view of the lake in front of me. 

Arrow didn't even have to say anything to me for me to know he missed me, only nuzzling his head further into my stomach. I sat with my legs crossed, Arrow curled up in my lap as I admired that fact that this was my first day in awhile that I didn't have to save the world.

"Was it fun saving the world?" I rolled my eyes when I heard Annabeth's voice, knowing that she already knew the answer to that. I looked over at her as she sat beside me on the dock, giving Arrow a small pat on his head before looking at me.

"Yeah, saving that world is so much fun," my best friend laughed, looking out at the lake and admiring the beauty of the sun on the water.

"I bet it was. I kind of wish I tagged along with you guys," I smiled, grabbing onto my best friend's hand and giving it a small squeeze.

"Next time, I swear,"

"I'm holding you to that, I haven't been outside camp in so long. But hey, one good thing came from it!"

"You mean besides saving the world and figuring out I'm some Greek urban legend?"She giggled slightly, shaking her head at me.

 "Okay, maybe there are 3 things. Those and the fact that you found yourself a man!"

"Love is a kind of beautiful thing, I see why my mom decided to have me," I teased, making Annabeth roll her eyes with a laugh.

"I give it another hour before you two are all over one another. Just no kids, I'm too young to be an aunt! I've got to go, Grover wants me to meet him in the training area."

"Grover, in the training area?" I questioned her, staring up at the now standing girl with an astonished look on my face that caused her to laugh again.

"Yeah, I know. He wants me to beat him up a bit, saying 'it will confirm that I'm really here and not still stuck in that dark abyss with Persephone'."

I laughed a little, knowing that was something Grover would say. 

"Then you'd better go,"

She placed her hand on my shoulder for a split second before I could hear her feet padding away on the dock. Silence consumed the world around me for a few minutes before more footsteps could be heard on the dock. I turned around, smiling as I saw Percy walking forward. He smiled back, taking a quick seat beside me.

"It's beautiful out here, isn't it?" Percy muttered, giving Arrow a quick scratch behind the ears as he pushed his head against Percy's hand.

"Amazing. I could sit here forever," I answered truthfully, moving closer to him. Arrow jumped off my lap, rushing to the side that Percy was not sat on and pushing me closer to him with his nose. Percy and I both let out a small laugh as Percy placed his hand under my now uncrossed legs, placing them over his legs then proceeding to wrap his arms around my waist, leaving mine to drape over his shoulders.

Just trying to help you out! Arrow called before running off, leaving Percy and I alone.

"Gods, you're so beautiful..." he whispered, leaning his forehead against mine. I smiled, feeling the heat rise to my cheeks at his words.

"Watch it, water boy," he groaned at my nickname for him, causing me to giggle at his adorableness.

"Gods, we're still using stupid nicknames? Come on, that's so old! How about life saver, hero, maybe even boyfriend?"

My eyebrows rose as he looked at me with a shy smile, his eyes full of hope.

"Percy Jackson, is this your way of asking me to be your girlfriend?"

"Luna Ardelean, I believe it is,"

"Then the answer is yes, boyfriend," I leaned in placing my lips on his for a split second before pulling away, placing my head back on his shoulder as we stared out at the lake in front of us.

I looked up at the sky above, imagining my mother and Poseidon looking down on us. I liked to imagine that they were always around, always watching, just silent.

"Nothings ever gonna be easy again for us is it, Percy?"

He sighed, holding me tighter.

"No, it's never gonna be easy again. We're mixed up in a prophecies that are bigger than all of us, bigger than the gods and goddesses themselves."

"People, monsters, they want us dead..." I whispered, remembering how a Minotaur was sent after Percy before he was even at Camp.

"Nothing is gonna happen to us, not as long as we're together. We're gonna make it through all of this, and we are going to save Olympus, together."

"Together,"

"I love you, Luna Ardelean," he whispered, placing his head on top of mine and wrapping his arms tighter around my waist. I felt a small smile etch it's way onto my face as I look up at him, the words flowing through me and sending shivers down my back. That was the first time he had said it.

"I love you too, Percy Jackson,"

END OF BOOK 1