prologue

It was unusually warm

It was unusually warm. Now, I'm used to the sweltering summers of Manhattan, but what I'm not used to is the sticky air of Switzerland.

I was starting to regret my decision to wear a long sleeve top, but before I could dwell on the thoughts a buzz went off.

The large iron gates of the school before me opened, revealing a large castle-like building with lush greenery surrounding it.

Now I've gone to my fair share of nice schools, but Cambridge Preparatory Academy was the nicest of all of them. What once was a Prince's summer home in the countryside of Switzerland was now a private boarding school for the one percent.

We were probably richer than the prince.

As I walked up the hill with my numerous monogrammed suitcases, I thought about if this was going to be a good idea.

After an absolutely shitty year, I had spontaneously decided to enroll myself here. My father, who loved anything and everything that displayed our wealth and power, signed the papers within a millisecond. A few weeks later, and I'm here.

I was actually supposed to attend this school in freshman year, but after throwing a fit about not wanting to leave the Upper East Side, I was allowed to stay. But after the suffocation from fake friends, gossip, drama, and way too many parties, I made my escape.

By the time my thoughts had cleared up, I was opening the door to the front office. A blast of cool air welcomed me, along with an elderly woman who had a shock of silver hair and encrusted glasses.

"And how may I help you?" She peered up at me, craning her neck to look up.

"I just got here from New York... I'm new." I clarified, pushing up my designer sunglasses into my hair.

"You're new? Can I get your name?"

I pursed my lips before inhaling through my nose, "My names Blakely."

"May I get a last name?"

Another sigh. "Graham."

Her eyes widened slightly, "Graham?"

I tried to refrain from rolling my eyes, "Yes, my father's assistant should have faxed over my transfer papers. The headmistress emailed me last week saying I'm scheduled to start tomorrow."

"Oh. Okay then Miss Graham, I will just call over someone to help with your bags."

With a firm nod, I stepped away from my large quantity of suitcases.

I didn't really want to make my transfer here into a big deal. I wanted to avoid the spotlight for a while, and to do that I'd have to lay low. I wasn't the greatest at that, with my height and sudden outbursts. And even though some magazines liked to paint me as the epitome of poise and grace, I tended to stumble over a lot.

But being able to lay low would be a nearly impossible feat. I have always been quite well known, the reason being that I was the child of a highly coveted supermodel and an esteemed businessman.

My father ran a billion dollar company that was one of the highest earning in the world, but that didn't mean anything really, since he acted like a major tool. It was always the company first, then family. But a long time ago, he was actually a person and not a robot- that's a story for another time.

Another reason was the title I had been unofficially given. By being the love child of two wildly famous people, I was bound to be in the public eye. But I hated it, because they painted me as things I wasn't. I wasn't the real life Blair Waldorf, I wasn't the princess of a metropolitan city, and I wasn't the most popular heiress. I'm just me, Blake Graham.

Now I know this all sounds narcissistic, but that's the simplest way to describe my life. A highly publicized and glamorous life with more than enough drama. And with all these eyes on me, it meant that I really couldn't lay low. But a girl could try.

This was going to be a fresh start, somewhere that I could find the real me. Not some bitch who was constantly surrounded by a group of friends who only made snarky comments. I was going to be better for myself this time around.

And Cambridge was going to help with this. A fresh start, new people, and no setbacks.