(12) reine

Wednesday had arrived

Wednesday had arrived. Sarah ended up spending the night, bringing a wide variety of movies. After watching Clueless we had fallen asleep due to the exhaustion from the earlier day. When we woke up, we both got ready and went our separate ways to class.

As the day went by, I felt myself looking forward to the sports fair. When the time came, Lillian and I walked together to the fair.

The sports wing hall was decked with multiple booths, a few which caught my eye. I saw Luca manning the soccer booth, a large sign hanging over. Reading over the sign made me chuckle slightly, due to football having been written, but visibly crossed out, being replaced by the word soccer instead.

As we neared some of the other booths, a yellow blonde head caught my attention.

"Blake!" Daisy Farrington called to me, a blue pom pom clutched in her hand as she violently waved at me.

As I neared the cheer table, I noticed MJ standing with a sparkly bow in her hair, holding a sign that said 'Join Cambridge Cheer Today!'

Daisy and MJ both were decked out in three-quarter sleeve white and blue shirts, black leggings, and white sneakers, with a sparkly bow tying their hair back.

"Lillian, Junior year! You wanna finally join us?" Daisy shook the pom poms excitedly.

Lillian scoffed slightly, "And skip out on track? I'll pass."

"Wait Blake! You did cheer back home right?" MJ grinned.

Oh shit. "Yeah, but I quit last year..."

"But you did it for a while! You should totally join!"

"I'm not sure." I hesitated, thinking as to why I quit. It was more of my father forcing me to quit, but he wasn't exactly here monitoring my every move.

"You really should! We have a spot perfect for you! You would be so great!" Daisy sang. She was so peppy, I loved it. She was the complete opposite of the stereotypical bitchy cheer captain, and she made joining the team sound amazing.

MJ nodded. "You would love it! We are year round and cheer for soccer, track--" She grinned at Lillian, "--volleyball, and lacrosse!"

"We also get to travel for some school comps, perform at assemblies, and travel with the other sports! And we get team bonding activities like our own trips! And sleepovers! Oh and matching uniforms! It's so much fun!" Daisy was practically shaking with excitement.

That did sound amazing. I quickly made up my mind, giving the girls a grin. "Where's the sign up sheet?"

I quickly signed up, picking up some papers for the try out, and having MJ list all the medical papers I would need. As I was about to leave, MJ called out to me "I know you'll make it! Try outs are useless for you but good luck anyways!"