(51) bon anniversaire

Sorry for the (very) late update! Life has been very very hectic for me lately and I haven't really had the time to catch up with my writing! I swear, I try my hardest to write in my free time but at the moment it's so limited :( BUT hopefully this chapter makes up for it! There are 3 more chapters left, so the story is winding down- which means I've been doing some prepping for the rewrite and some other exciting projects that I'll be announcing soon :). But for now, enjoy reading!

"Hey, has someone seen my swim goggles? The pink ones?"

"Wait where's the sunscreen? I forgot to put some on!"

"I think I forgot my towel back in my dorm. Wait did you take it?"

"If I can't fight my goggles we are turning around right this second!"

I groaned loudly, slamming my head against the seat. "Kota we are not turning around, keep driving!"

Kota just huffed loudly, continuing to drive whilst he angrily muttered under his breath about his precious pink goggles. Something along the lines of having sensitive eyes...

Just a little while ago the five of us had piled into Kota's white Range Rover for a drive, but it's been a less than peaceful ride.

"I swear to god- Luca stop eating those salt and vinegar chips it smells disgusting!"

Today was the big day, no not prom nor graduation it was-

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Claaa-ark! Happy birthday to you!" Kota belted out as he sped down the road.

It was Clark's seventeenth birthday and we had decided to celebrate the beautiful spring day by going swimming. Well we and quite a few more of the people Clark could tolerate enough to call his friends. Enough people to make a party, and I quote 'fit enough for the king that Clark is'. Those were Nico's words not mine, just to clarify.

"Stop singing!" Clark groaned loudly, "It's just my birthday I don't need you to serenade me an- focus on the road!" He yelped, reaching over the gear stick to steady the wheel while Kota happily swerved.

When deciding what to do for Clark's birthday, we had been stuck. That is until Nico casually mentioned that he had gotten the key to his father's villa, which was just a short forty five minute drive from campus. We were already sold, but once he dropped the fact that there was a large pool and a fully stocked bar- Kota almost cried tears of joy.

So here we are driving to the Caldwell's Swiss property whilst the boys loudly complained and argued back and forth.

It had been almost three weeks since fashion week and Clark and I were... good. He had surprised me in New York by bringing my father, Margot, and Sammy to the show which was such a sweet gesture. He had gifted me a bouquet of pink roses- which were my favorite flowers and the same he had given me the day of the ball. He had come late at night that day and apologized, and so did I. We went back to being in a good place, and these last few weeks felt amazing. Like we were back to normal, with nothing in between the two of us.