Violet's Pov

Going to school only has gotten worse since I've been living with my uncle. Yeah, I miss my parents but them leaving me this way, just made me hate them. I understand that it wasn't their choice to die, but I know that they have to have a decent family member that I don't know about. Everyone kinda left, after my parents death I suddenly became the bad guy. Which sometimes is fine, I don't like to socialize with people much anyways, but I'd much rather be on my own than living with this beast.

"Go t-to school-l now b-bitch!"

his words slurred automatically telling me he was drunk, even though it's was 8 in the morning, that didn't stop him. I obeyed him as I slipped on a hoodie and jeans, since someone like me wearing a fitted shirt is considered "disgusting" I no longer make an effort to make myself look presentable.

I ran out the door, quickly grabbing my bag and throwing on shoes once I got out. I'm terrified to see what he would do to me if I was in there any longer. I put on my headphones and blared my music to block out the names being called at me on my way to school, which by the way, yes, I walked. I needed the exercise. I don't dare make eye contact with any of people around me, so I began to memorize every little detail of my shoes and the sidewalk. The sidewalk was oddly clean, something I'm not used to considering where I grew up.

The vibration of my phone disrupted my thoughts, 'look up' it read.

Hesitantly I looked up, only to find my one and only friend, the one who has stuck beside me for the longest, who has supported me and cared for me like nobody else did, my best friend, Hannah.