~14~

I am dying. Slowly, painfully. I was meant to. The ones who created me also made me two siblings. I will die so the next one can live. She will spread throughout the world and shut it down. I cannot let Stephen know. I can't. My siblings and I are connected to him, what the humans call a bond. I can't hurt him. I will shield my pain and fatigue from him for as long as possible, but, eventually, he must know. But he will forget when my sister comes. He will keep his personality and senses of nobility and leadership, but he will not remember the world he once lived in. Everything that happened to him will be simply an illusion. Then my brother will come and right everything through Stephen, erase the effects of my sister and I. Stephen is the Host. But he won't know until the last moments of my existence. I just hope my sister will be swift in her coming and make Stephen blind to our pain. Our last moments of us... will be pain and death. If i could spare him, I would. But only the ones who made me could take our pain away. And they don't live on this earth.

Luna's world was gone. Everyone she knew and trusted? Gone. Everyone except Matthew and Connor. They were there. Distant, but there. She and Connor became partners, friends. They began to refill all of the cells emptied by the traitor, Naia. More and more mutants. But...something was wrong. The mutants were de-mutating. The mutants they caught were slowly, seemingly painfully, devolving. Becoming human again. But why? Luna studied the captive mutants, trying to figure out what was happening. Then she noticed it. The virus was dying. Everywhere. It would be gone within a few weeks, and everyone would be human again. She told literally everyone she could, ecstatic. Of course, no one believed her. They thought that after all this time the virus just couldn't simply die. But then she showed them the captive mutants and the data she had collected. What a party there was. Luna lay in her bed, smiling at the window. After all this suffering and pain and loss...everything was finally starting to go correctly. She pulled the covers up to her chin and curled up into a ball, closing her eyes and falling asleep.