Chapter 4

Thank you @Addie_14 for this beautiful cover art!!^

Chapter 4
• • •

For the remainder of class, Ashton and I stayed silent, occasionally rolling our eyes and glaring around the room. A couple minutes before the bell rang, Ashton shot his eyes towards me.

"Crystal... right?" he asked and I looked at him.

"What do you want?" I asked and he rolled his eyes at me.

"Listen, I know that you're new here. You obviously don't know me, but I'm just letting you know that I'm not someone to mess around with." He looked me dead in the eyes and after a couple of seconds I couldn't help it- I bursted out into laughter. He looked at me confused and I just continued to crack up.

"Wow, that's cute." I said and my laughter died down a bit as I shoved my books back into my bag.

"What?" He asked, Probably wondering why I wasn't shaking in fear when he delivered me that stupid statement.

"You actually think I give a fuck," I said and giggled again. "Obviously, you don't know me," I said and started to walk away when he reached out and spun me around by my shoulder, annoyance creeping through my veins.

"Do you think you're special or something?" He glared, and I held back another eye roll.

"Does it matter? I mean, you clearly do," I pointed out.

"Why are you so, like, weird?" He asked me and I have to say, I was a little taken back by his blunt words.

"Oh you mean why aren't I blushing like crazy because you just touched my shoulder, or why I haven't begged for forgiveness from you yet?" I sassed.

"Well.. kinda," he replied and I scoffed at him. Asshole. I turned around but faced him again as I was about to leave.

"Maybe the universe just thought it was about time for someone to inform you on how much of a dingus you are." I stopped myself before I went on a huge rant.

"Dingus?" He raised an eyebrow as the uncommon terminology.

"Yea," I reaffirmed, "dingus." He watched me as I turned on my heels and briskly walked away.

I shook my head to get all of the thoughts about him out as I opened my car door. I climbed in the drivers seat and shut the door behind me, relaxing as I realized that hell had finished for the day.

My serenity was short lived as I realized that I had to go home. I probably had to go back out to the store when I got home, also.

As I turned the key in the ignition, I felt the car grumble and heard the growl of the engine as I closed my eyes and deeply inhaled.

As I exhaled I tried to imagine that I was breathing out all of the bad things that had happened to me in the past year. That was another strategy that my therapist had taught me. You are supposed to breath in skies of blue, and out skies of grey.

Whatever the hell that meant..

I pulled out of the parking lot and started on my way to my house.

When I walked through the door, I spotted a piece of paper on the counter.

I threw my keys on the counter as I picked it up, At the top of the paper it read, "Shopping List," and continued on to list 14 items. I sighed as I grabbed my keys and walked back out the door.

I only had about 3 items left on the list when I decided to pleasure myself with some chocolate.

I walked into the candy isle and grabbed a pack of Kit Kats from the bottom shelf. As I was standing myself up straight again, I heard someone yell, "CRYS!!!!"

I jumped at the sudden outburst of sound and snapped my head to look at the end of the isle.

I saw a very excited Kevin looking at me and waving at me like a five year old. I couldn't help but chuckle as I watched him. It really is hard not to like this guy, no matter how much you try. I shoved the chocolate in my hand held bin and approached him. Just as I got to him, Eli and George came around to corner towards him.

"Dude what the hell was that?" Eli, I believe, asked him. Kevin's holler definitely was loud enough to fill the entire store.

When the two of them saw me, they looked confused for a second, but then a big smile spread on their faces.

"Hey, you're the girl who told off Ashton! That was great by the way," he told me and I have to say, I was surprised.

"Um, thanks? I mean I didn't really do anything special, I just defined walking," I replied.

"Well it got to him for some reason. Seeing him all flustered was amazing," Kevin chimed in and chuckled, thinking back to the moment. I looked back over at him.

Damn he was hot. They all were...

Pushing my teenage girl hormones aside, I was about to ask them why people were afraid to stand up to Ashton, when George butted in.

"He's not that bad of a guy," his voice was a little bit deeper and darker than the rest of theirs.

"Yeah, he isn't. Matter of fact, once you get to know him, he's like a big teddy bear," Kevin said and I looked at him skeptically.

"Okay well maybe not the Teddy bear part, but once you get to know him he's actually a pretty good dude," I looked at him skeptically again, but this time he held true to his words.

Suddenly his face lit up like he just realized something important.

"OH MY GOD I almost forgot! Crys this is Eli and George, Eli and George this is Crystal." I held in a chuckle when he slung his arm over my shoulders.

Eli and George smiled back at me. They didn't seem to be that bad either...

"Well, sorry to be a buzz kill but we gotta go," Eli said and Kevin made a sad face.

"I'll see you tomorrow," Kevin said as he started walking away with the guys. "See ya!"

"Bye," I said and continued to shop, catching them walking out the door and into the parking lot.

I walked through the parking lot and eventually made it to my car. I opened the trunk and stuffed the food in there.

By the time I got home, it was starting to turn dark outside. When I got inside the door I put the groceries on the island and went around shutting all of the shades.

After I turned on the lights, I put all of the food away and eventually made my way upstairs, shutting my shades and then crashing onto my bed.

I didn't have any homework, since it was the first day, so I just put on Netflix for the rest of the night and fell asleep to the Vampire Diaries.

• • •

Hey guys!

Hope you all are enjoying it so far,

Please please vote and comment whatever you'd like ;)

QOTD: What is your favorite food(s)?

>I am eternally in love with spaghetti and pancakes. Not together tho lmao. I also love sushi but like I'm too broke to ever eat it haha..

Anywayy, love you all thanks for reading!

Stay beautiful <3