Chapter 10

Chapter 10
• • •

        At about 5, my doorbell rang. I ran downstairs and opened it, seeing an excited Scarlett beaming with the beautiful smile that she always wore. Savanah was going to come to my house about 10 minutes before we had to leave.

"Let's do this thing," she started digging through my closet, only to receive an eye roll from me.

"It's freaking pizza and a movie... Like I said before- you're lucky I'm wearing a bra," I said. "I'm wearing comfy clothes."

Scarlett sighed, "Fine. But at least change out of that. Put a little bit of effort in." I was wearing black leggings with a grey sweatshirt. I had planned on ending my random sweatshirt phase the following week, and getting back into actual clothes.

"Ugh... fine," I said and pulled out the biggest, softest, comfiest sweater that I had. It was grey, and it was my favorite thing in the whole world. I held it up suggestively, and Scarlett rolled her eyes.

"Sure, why not?" She approved and I smiled. I took off my sweatshirt and threw on the sweater, immediately feeling cozy enough to just curl up in a little ball on my bed and fall asleep.

After I finished reapplying my makeup and fixing my hair, we went downstairs and plopped on the couch.

"Netflix?" She suggested, which I gladly agreed to. As I was opening it up on my TV, the doorbell rang. "I'll get it," Scarlett said.

"Hey!!" I heard Savanah exclaim when Scarlett opened the door. I smiled to myself as I heard them coming into the room.

"So we have some options... One Tree Hill, Gossip Girl, The Vampire Diaries, Supernatural, Stran-"

"Gossip Girl!" Savanah squealed. Scarlett and I looked at her in confusion. Realizing that squealing like that was totally unlike her, she recollected herself. "I mean, um, I haven't seen Gossip Girl in so long... We should watch it."

Scarlett and I started laughing as I put on Gossip Girl. We were about 10 minutes into it when Savanah chimed in, "We should probably get going actually." Scarlett and I agreed, and I hesitantly turned off my TV.

• • •

"Jesus," Savanah said, staring up at his house. Scarlett got out of the car, and Savanah and I followed her out. When we got to the door, I barely knocked twice before the door swung open, and I was engulfed in a huge bear hug.

I quickly identified my hug-attacker as Kevin. I hugged him back a little bit and then pulled away, his strong arms letting me slide out of his big embrace. He gave Scarlett and Savanah a group hug, then welcomed us inside.

He brought us into a room with a couch, carpet, a love chair, a couch, and a huge flat screen TV. Ashton, Eli, and George were sitting on the couch. When we walked in, the three of them had different emotions flash across their faces.

Eli's face, of course, held joy and excitement. George grinned and an almost creepy look deepened in his eyes. I was caught a little off guard when I realized that he was eerily grinning at me. I shook off the chill in my spine and took in Ashton's expression.

His face was stoic, not showing any emotion whatsoever. His eyes, however, showed a mixture of annoyance, fury, aggravation, and even disappointment. I felt a tiny sink in my stomach after I took in his pained expression. Weird...

"Hey Crystal!" Eli said and stood up from the couch. He walked over to me and gave me a big, comfy hug. It wasn't as over-exaggerated as Kevin's hug from earlier, but it was still big enough that I couldn't get out of it even if I tried.