Chapter 13

Chapter 13
• • •

When we reached the restaurant, I looked at Scarlett.

"Why won't you tell me who else was there?" I whined.

"No need to make this night any more awkward than it already will be..." she said. "Besides, I think that you are going to find out soon enough." This response scared me.

"Savanah?" I asked hopefully.

"Nope. She's coming a little bit late." She responded. We got out of the car and into the darkness of the nighttime. When we walked into the restaurant, I immediately caught sight of the boys, who were wearing shirts that complimented their muscles, each one a different color, paired with a pair of jeans.

Eli and Kevin's shirts were bright. Ashton's was dark blue, and hugged his muscles perfectly. I could see his back muscles and I tried my hardest not to stare. His hair was, as usual, messy yet put together, which I loved. Wait... what?

I shook my mind clear of his amazing image and repeated to myself over and over that he was an ass. Kevin then saw us and gave us a big smile and wave. I waved back and everyone else turned around to see us.

"Hey guys," Eli said when we made it to them. Ashton didn't even acknowledge that we were there.

Savanah got there right before the person sat us down. I honestly wasn't expecting to be going to such a nice place for dinner tonight..

When we sat down, none of us knew what to say. To be honest, that had to have been the most awkward moment of silence I had ever been involved in.

"Just a heads up," Scarlett broke the silence. "Crystal here is extremely hungover and probably won't take any shit tonight." I shot her a glare. "See?" she gestured towards my death glare.

"How bad is it?" Eli asked me, finding amusement in my suffering.

"On a scale of 1 to 10..." I stared. "I would say about a 67."

"Jeez, how much did you drink?" Kevin asked.

"A lot I think," I responded.

"Too much," Scarlett answered. I decided to just get the question over with-

"Who else experienced me in my drunken state?? Scarlet isn't telling me because she said that if she told me that it would make tonight super weird, but I'd rather know," When I asked, the table went silent.

"Ashton went to your house to drop off your purse." Eli told me.

Fuck.

I looked at Ashton, and I could feel my face growing red. He didn't show any expression.

"Did I do anything super embarrassing??" I asked him.

"Yep," he said and grinned a little bit. I put my face in my hands and grunted.

"What did I do??" I asked hesitantly. He seemed to smile even more when I asked him this. It was more of an evil smirk than a genuine smile though.

"Well for starters, you confessed that you thought I was incredibly hot," he started and I choked on air. Everyone looked shocked, including me, and then Kevin broke the silence with his outrageous laughter.

"WOW you must have been really drunk to think that his ugly ass was hot," Kevin said, and Ashton hit him. The rest of the table laughed, except for Eli, who faked a laugh and stared down at the table... weird.

"Holy shit." I said, still taking it all in.

"And you thought that Scarlett was my girlfriend," he continued, and I glared at him. Scarlett, however, choked on her water. The table erupted in laughter again, but I buried my head in my hands again and wished to just die.