Chapter 26-As the World Falls Down

Thor, Balder, Loki and Catalina stood in the Bifrost, watching the Warriors Three and Lady Sif leave. Catalina could feel Odin's wrath, and she clasped her hands in front of her to keep them from shaking.

The King went to Thor, who stood arrogantly straighter. "What were you thinking?"

"I was protecting our realm. The Frost Giants would have come-"

"After teaching you so much, you have obtained nothing from it."

"You were not taking charge in dealing with the Frost Giants' rebellion! You stand giving speeches while the nine realms fall!"

"What I told you about a warrior's patience-"

"You can be patient all you like whilst the realms are rebelling!"

Catalina shrank back at the sound of their ever raising voices. "Father-" Odin silenced her with a harsh sound, and Catalina closed her mouth.

"You are a selfish, cruel boy!" The king continued with Thor.

"And you are an old man and a fool!" Thor screamed.

Balder sunk his head into his hand as Odin came toward Thor.

"Your stupidity has made you unworthy," he ripped Thor's cape and armor, "unworthy of your power, unworthy of your title. You are unworthy!" Only then did Thor realized what he had done. "And you are unworthy of the loved ones you had betrayed." There were tears in his eyes as Odin ripped away his hammer from him, and ordered him to banishment, and cast him out. Catalina gasped as Thor's clothing changed to that of a human, and he disappeared through the Bifrost. He wasn't coming back. Odin cast the hammer away as well, then silently left the Bifrost.

Balder looked down at his two remaining siblings, giving them a strange glance that chilled Catalina to the bone. She looked at her hands again, afraid. She knew what she was. Balder knew. She swallowed hard and followed Loki and Balder out of the Bifrost, dragging her feet.

****
Catalina walked by Frigga's palace after a very silent dinner. The sound of crying could be heard inside her mother's room, faint and muffled, but Catalina heard it. She carefully turned the doorknob and peeked inside, and saw her mother crying into her hands.

"Mother?" She went over to Frigga, who had hastily tried to wipe away her tears.

Catalina wrapped her arms around her mother and held her and let her cry. She wondered how long it would be this way; how long she would be able to have her mother close. As she held Frigga, she looked at her hands. They were normal, but Catalina knew now that they were deceivingly so. But she had to act normal for as long as she could.

"You're troubled Mum, it's not just Thor is it?"

Frigga tried to smile. "No dear child it is not. Balder has been having dreams of his demise."

"How may I be of help?"

"You will go with me through the nine realms to ensure oaths on every living and nonliving thing to not hurt Balder."

"Yes Mother," Catalina bowed her head. She couldn't lose another brother.

So the pair set out across the nine realms, Frigga going to the lower and Catalina going to the upper worlds. When they returned, Frigga asked that a celebration be given, proud that her son was now safe. Odin immediately set up a great festivity, and Aesir gathered from all over Asgard to attend.

"I hear Balder is invulnerable now," Lady Sif stood next to Catalina as men threw adamant objects at Balder, and watched as every single one of them bounced off, leaving the prince unharmed.