Three

"I will torture you if that's the only way, but I really hope I don't have to."

I wasn't scared of him. I wanted to yell at him and show him how strong I was but I needed his help. I felt that my tail started to dry up.

"I need water," I said.

The man looked amused. "You're drying up?"

I nodded. I was, sort of.

"Fine then."

The older man picked me up bridal style and caried me towards a door, he opened it and brought me into a big room. Against the right wall stood a kingsize bed. In the far right corner stood a round table with four chairs and next to it stood a sofa. There was even a fire place with two chairs in front of it against the left wall. But the thing that struck me most, was the small area next to the bed. There was a hole in the ground. It was quite big, but not deep. It was filled with water.

The man put me in the water and closed the door. I felt the water against my body, just in time.

My body was almost completely underwater, expect for my shoulder, neck and head. But that was okay. At least I had water. The man didn't seem to know what would happen if I was out of the water for too long.

"What's your name, brat?"

At first, I didn't want to answer, but then I realized that would be stupid. He would probably just keep calling me brat, and I liked that less than him knowing my name.

"Eren," I said.

The man smiled. "I'm Levi Ackerman."

"Why do you want my tear, Levi?"

Levi sighed. He then stood up and started to unbutton his pants. What was he going to do. He pulled down his pants and showed me his left leg. From his thigh to his knee, his leg was decorated with a giant scar. It was red and didn't look healthy.

"What happened?" I asked.

"A sword. It healed, but the pain remains. I can barely walk on my own. The small trip I took from the deck to my room has already exhausted me. And that's why I need your tear."

Levi pulled up his pants.

"I can't give it to you," I said.

"Can't or won't."

"Both. You heard right. A merperson's tear can heal any wound, but not just a tear. If it's forced, it will only poison. A tear has to be earned."

"You're lying," Levi said.

I shook my head. "I'm not."

"Just give me a damn tear!" He harshly grabbed my face.

"Don't do it, Levi. I don't want to poison you."

"Then help me," Levi whispered.

I saw actual fear in his eyes.

"Then earn it," I said. "Earn my trust, and I might give you a tear."

"Fine," Levi snapped.

He stood up and walked towards the door. Before he left he turned around and looked at me.

"Don't move."

Then he left. I laid my arms on the floor and my head on top of it. I was tired. I closed my eyes and before I knew it, I was asleep.