Thirteen

A/N: Almost 1K reads!! Thank you all so much! :D

That night was the first night I had trouble falling asleep. Levi was sleeping next to me. His arms were wrapped around me as we laid face to face. He looked so calm and peaceful. He had been kind to me the whole night. Never going too far, constantly asking if I was alright. And I was, I had never felt so good in more than two hundred years.

I placed my hand on his face and slowly traced all the lines. His nose, his cheekbones, his jaw, everything. I ended with his lips, there were soft and pink, and I felt like kissing them. I placed my lips against his lips and gave him a gentle kiss. I smiled. Who would have known that in three days I could fall head over heels for a man whose guts I had hated the second we met. I loved him, and he loved me, and it was enough, I knew that now. But he hadn't showed it yet. I wanted him to show it. I placed my head against his chest and Levi pulled me closer in his sleep. He mumbled something, and I was almost sure it was my name.

"I love you, you idiot," I whispered.

And then, I finally fell asleep.

We were woken up by the door being flung open.

"Captain!" It was Petra.

Levi lifted his head and looked at Petra sleepily.

"What?" He said with a raspy voice.

"An unknown ship," Petra said. "They're pirates."

"We'll be there in a minute," Levi said.

Petra nodded and left. Levi pulled us both out of the bed. We dressed up as fast as we could, and this time Levi also gave me boots and a dagger.

"You've got to look as if you're an actual pirate," Levi said.

He put on his hat and only then saw that there was a small piece missing from his jacket.

"What's this?" Levi asked.

"You were stuck, I had to cut you loose."

"It's okay," Levi said. "Now I can tell people I got attacked by a shark and fought it off."

"Why would you fight a shark?" I asked. "They're kind."

Levi raised his eyebrows at me, then laughed. "Nevermind, let's go to the deck."

We stood on deck, waiting for the other ship to arrive. When they did, the crew came to Levi's ship. It was a small group, and I doubted they would last long. They all looked like they we dying. There was barely any flesh on their bones, their hair was greasy, and their clothes we torn. When their captain walked forward, Levi pulled his sword.

"You!"

The captain looked at Levi with an amused grin.

"Hello, Captain Levi. I see you're doing great, how's your leg?"

"Levi?" I said. "Who's that?"

"This, Eren," Levi said without moving. "Is the man that gave me my scar."

"Sliced open his leg," the man said. "Looked pretty rough, I had actually hoped you died."

"Bastard!" Levi snapped. "I'll kill you, slowly and painfully."

The captain laughed. "You couldn't the last time, what makes you think you can now?"

"Levi is strong!" I snapped, immediately regretting that I'd opened my mouth. "He can kill you!"

The man laughed. "Levi! I see you've made a new friend."

Levi didn't react, but his eyes were shooting fire.

"I don't really like him," the captain chuckled, he pulled his sword and pointed his sword at me. "Should I kill him?"

Without waiting. The man flung his sword. My mind went blank. I had no idea what had happened, until I saw levi falling down. A dark red stain spread over his shirt.

"No!" I yelled.

I grabbed the dagger Levi had given me and jumped at the guy. He stood still, waiting for me to reach him. The dagger sunk deep into the man's head, and he fell down. He took the knife with him. I heard Levi squeak. Whilst the other crewmembers attacked the other pirates I turned around to face Levi.

"Eren?" He whispered.

He slowly lifted his hand from his blooddrenched stomach. I grabbed it. His eyes were staring at a spot in the sky.

"Levi?"

He tried to say something, but no words came out.

"Don't you dare die on me. I can't live without you!" 

Not after what happened. Not after that night. Not ever!

"Eren, I'm sorry. I could have known," Levi whispered. "This shouldn't have happened. I'm so sorry, Eren."

Tears streamed down his face. He reached out his hand and placed it on my cheek, I buried my face in it.

"You'll be alright, Levi, I can heal you."

"You don't have to," Levi said and he smiled. "At least I can die loved."

"No! You're not going to die! We would stay together forever, right?" My voice was shaky. "Forever!"

"Maybe forever wasn't meant for us," Levi said and he closed his eyes.

No.

I picked Levi up and walked towards the railing.

"Eren? What are you doing?" Petra asked.

I turned around and only then did I realize the crew had been standing around me. Dead bodies lay on the ship, thankfully, only those of the others. I saw that Petra was crying, and so was the rest.

"I have to," I whispered. "I can save him."

And without waiting for an answer, I jumped overboard, taking Levi with me.

A/N: chapter 14 will come when we have 1K reads.