12 ; jackson

UNIVERSITY PARK
4 : 11 pm

shirley | jackson

"Hey."

"Hi. So you're alive and in college?"

"Pretty much. How are you? Is Avalon okay? Have you talked to River lately? I miss you guys a lot, do you know that?"

"I'm fine, Shirls. Avalon is acing college. I haven't seen River in a while. He's probably with Parsley."

"Ooh, who's Parsley?"

"I don't even know."

"Oh, well..."

"Is there something wrong?"

"I don't want to lie. So yea, there's something wrong."

"What is it? I can help."

"Well, there's this guy. He helps his little sister sell her cookies because she's like a junior scout? I think so."

"Continue..."

"I think it's cute and nice of him to do that. I haven't really met him. We're kinda like you and you-know-who─"

"You know, you can say her name."

"I can... but not right now. The wound is still fresh for me, Jackson. It still is."

"Ditto, Shirls. Ditto."

"So that guy, his name is Clark and I might have got into a fight with him."

"Um, does he─for some absurd reason─have anemia that lowkey turns into something more severe such as leukemia? 'Cause if he does, it's probably for the best, Shirley."

"I can't believe you're making fun of the cause of Sa─ a planet's explosion."

"It's my way of moving on. Deal with it. At least, we didn't have an actual fight unlike your situation."

"I thought you were going to help me. He's like the best thing that's ever happened to me in a long time."

"What about me? Avalon? River? Your friends? This makes me feel very unwanted."

"Stop being so dramatic, Jackass. Of course, the three of you are my everything but I haven't seen you fellas for ages. Clark's company was the only thing that made me stable."

"Okay, um, first of all, don't call me that ever again. And I know that you love us, duh. Haven't heard of the word 'joke'?"

"Whatever."

"Who caused the fight anyway?"

"Me."

"So you got to keep trying on apologizing. If he gives you nothing, he doesn't deserve your loving."

"Aye, nice rhyming."

"I do my best."

"Thanks, Jackson."

"You're welcome. 'Til next time?"

"'Til next time."

***

a/n : i've been wanting to post this since last week but kept on debating whether i write this chapter in descriptive form or just pure dialogue but anyways, hope you enjoyed it! <3