17 ; answer the question

Incoming Call
Shirleyyy
10 : 27 pm

"Hel-"

"Claaaaaaark!"

"Jesus. That's fucking loud. Are you drunk or high or anything?"

"None of the above, monsieur."

"Ah, must be sugar rush then. What do you need from me, Shirls? You know, what's the catch of this call?"

"Well that's not a good thing to say. I just wanted to wish you a goodnight since I'm always mean and whiney to you. And because you've been extra sweet to me."

"Wait, seriously?"

"Yea Hey! Why are you laughing?"

"I just. Wow. I never knew this day would come. This is a miracle, Shirley! A motherfucking miracle!"

"Jeez, what's up with the sudden vulgarity, Clark? Is it really necessary? Come on, you're exaggerating. I can be a nice person."

"You're the one who said that, not me."

"But that's what you're implying! For a guy with the same name as Superman's alter-ego, you sure are an opposite of the said superhero."

"I aim to be myself, not a fictional comic book character. Besides, it's not my original name."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, my parents are superstitious and shit and all so let me start this from when they were still a couple who are engaged."

"Is this going to be a long boring story?"

"Long, maybe. But boring? More like informational and interesting if you really want to get to know me. Do you?"

"Yep."

"Okay. There's this custom that my parents believe. If your first child is adopted, you'll have good luck for the rest of your life."

"Do you have an older sibling?"

"Nope, I'm just like you. I'm adopted, Shirley. My real name isn't Clark Kent Nielsen. They changed it into that in the papers. I was four at the time."

"Does this mean... wait, are you from the exact orphanage I am? Since you did all a bunch of research about me which I didn't find creepy at all."

"Well, Sarcastic Shirley is always better than Angsty Shirley."

"Just answer the question."

"Fine. Yes, I was in the same orphanage as you are."

"You're the kid with almost two different eye-colors, right?"

"How'd you know?"

"I had a feeling."

"Sectoral heterochromia is the more appropriate term to use."

"I know that and I also know that before you came back here in the US, you lived for almost ten years in UK after you were adopted."

"What else do you know?"

"I know that we met. I know that you're the guy who delivered the cookies and ruffled my hair."

"You searched my name up in Facebook, didn't you?"

"Perhaps. I may have also stalked you a bit. So yea."

"Look who's creepy now."

"Totally both of us."

"..."

"..."

"Hey, um, Shirls?"

"Hm?"

"Are you free Saturday night?"

"Are you asking me out?"

"Just answer the question."

"Yes."

Call Ended
10 : 31 pm

"Tonight's a fucking miracle, alright."

***

a/n: three more chapters left :')