Chapter 6 - School Part II

Beca was sat in maths and she was so bored and trying her best not to fall asleep. Her and her class got given a 10 page work sheet to do throughout the lesson. Not many people were doing it. It was 35 minutes into the lesson and she'd only done two pages. Beca felt her phone vibrate in her pocket and as she got her phone out, she saw it was a text from Chloe.

Red (09:36) – Enjoying Maths?

Beca (09:37) – It's boring, besides why are you on your phone?

Red (09:37) – Stace text me saying you left to go to the toilet, but you hadn't come back? that was over 10 minutes ago?

Beca (09:37) – Yeah, but I got lost. Now I don't even know where I am.

Red (09:38) – What room are you near? I'll come get you x

Beca (09:38) – Outside S329

Red (09:39) – That's nowhere near the Maths block Beca! Stay there, I'm on my way!

Beca (09:39) – Yes, sir :P

"God sake, Beca, come on. Miss Jackson's emailed Mr. Harris. You've been gone for ages"

"Not my fault, this school's big, can we go to the toilet? I never found them"

"Fine, but let's go. They're just down here"

"Ah, Beca, where did you go?"

"Toilet, but I got lost"

"For nearly half an hour? Can you go and see Mr. Harris at break?"

"This school is big and doesn't come with a map. I just assumed the toilets would be around here, not my fault they're not. But ok"

"Just come in and sit down. You can go now, Chloe, thank you"

The bell rang. Finally, Beca thought to herself. She thought that lesson as never going to end. She met Chloe and they walked to the gym.

PE was alright, both Chloe and Beca just spent the hour shooting hoops.

"I need to go and see Mr. Harris, can you meet me after and show me where English is?"

"Yeah, sure. Message me when you're done, and I'll come and get you"

Throughout the rest of the day they were just doing small talk as they were in the same lessons all day.

English was the worst one, that lesson felt like it was going to last forever. Chloe was happy, she was able to sit next to Beca and they just passed notes to each other as their class had to be completely silent.

Fancy walking home together and grabbing a coffee on the way?

Yeah why not. I do get the feeling that you like your coffees though!

I am a bit of a coffee addict I'm afraid. I have one before and after school

That's fine, but yeah let's grab a coffee, are we meeting your friends?

I'll ask Stacie to ask Amy, we still haven't go her number yet!

Chloe (14:31) – You and Ame up for a coffee with Beca and I?

Stacie (14:32) – We're in. We'll meet you at the gates, we're not in English

Chloe (14:33) – It's the first day back!

Stacie (14:33) – No, our teacher never turned up. God you always think the worse of us 😉

Chloe (14:34) – Can you blame me? Have you met what I deal with? We'll see you there!

Stacie (14:35) – Yeah yeah yeah, alright Mum :P Put your phone away!!

Their English lesson was over and they both walked out and met Stacie and Amy. They were just talking about their day and Stacie was chatting to Beca and getting to know her a little bit more.

"So, Mitchell, first day, how was your first encounter with Harris?"

"I don't know, he's a head?"

"Don't think he's hot no?"

"Ew, no"

"Blimey, are you gay or something? All the girls think he's hot" She laughed.

"Yeah, I am"

"Oop, there it is" Amy said.

"Oh shit, sorry Mitchell, I was joking. I'm bi and Beale's gay, so you're good"

"Anyway, what did Mr. Harris want?" Chloe asked.

"Oh, just a catch up and asked where I was during first"

"A catch up, you've been here a day Shawshank?"

"Yeah, well I got expelled from my last school, so he wanted to check it wouldn't happen again, apparently. But it's only day one"

"And I thought Legs over here was trouble" Amy joked.

"Well we like you, so please don't get expelled"

"Alright Beale, keep it in your pants"

"Oh, shut it Stace, you can talk"

"Yes, yes I can"

"Alright, I'm not here to talk about the past, please change the subject girls"

"Wait what past? Do I want to know?"

Before anyone could answer, Chloe spoke up.

"It's a story for another day. Don't worry"

"I'm not worried, I'm curious"