Chapter 18 - Another Meeting

It was now Wednesday and Beca had a two busy days on Monday and Tuesday, she came back from suspension, broke her hand, basically broke up with Chloe, and to top it off, yesterday, she'd earned herself and Chloe and week's detention because of the language and swearing at a teacher.

*Flashback*

Chloe saw Beca and tried to talk to her. She'd tried messaging Beca after she got back from the hospital yesterday but had no such luck getting a response. Beca saw all the girls look at her, but she just walked past.

"Beca, can we please talk? You've ignored all our messages. We're all worried"

Beca just ignored her and carried on walking to head into school. She had a meeting with the Principal first thing when she got back.

"Can you just please not fucking ignore me?" Chloe started to shout which got a few people's attention.

"Leave me alone Chloe, I don't want to talk"

"We need to talk about yesterday" She went to get Beca's arm but Beca pulled it away.

"Don't fucking touch me"

"Beca, I'm begging you to open up to me, I need to know what's going on"

"No, you don't. I told you to drop it, you didn't, so no, you don't need to know"

"I care too fucking much about you to just leave it"

"Back off and just leave me alone, dude"

"Are you actually serious? I'm trying to help you and you're pushing me away"

"No shit, Chlo, yes, I am serious. I'm sick of it, what's so difficult to understand when I say leave me the fuck alone. Yet instead you're constantly messaging me"

At this point Stacie ran off to get Mrs. Smith.

"What's so difficult to understand is how you can say that after everything. I tried to help you. I care so much about you as well as other people here like Stacey and Amy and you're willing to throw our relationship away and your friendships away" Chloe got hold of Beca's arm making sure this time she couldn't just walk off.

"Get the fuck off me Chlo, or I swear to god"

"Swear to god what, Beca? You gonna punch me like you did with the wall, go ahead, I'm not giving up on you"

"Beca, we all care, please, talk to one of us, we want to understand" Emily said.

"REBECCA MITCHELL! You best make a choice about your next move and quick"

Beca tried to get out of Chloe's grip but Stacie intervened and pushed her to the floor.

"Right, Principal Harris's office now"

Mrs. Smith picked up Beca and dragged her with her arm and turned around.

"You too Chloe"

"What, are you kidding me? What the hell did I do?"

"Get in now and we'll discuss this in the office"

"Great, well done Beca"

"Shut the fuck up Chloe"

"Enough I've had enough of both your languages already. Is this how you want to start a new day Beca?"

Beca didn't say anything.

*End of flashback*

"Beca, you need to start thinking about your attitude. I've had nothing but complaint after complaint and honestly, I'm getting tired of it now, so Miss Mitchell, you are not leaving until I know the full story of what went down between you and Miss Posen in your last school, and what happened on Monday, and what happened between you and Miss Beale yesterday"

"There's nothing to tell"

"That's a lie and we both know it, you're slacking, bunking, and now, sleeping in detention?"

"Can I just go please?"

"No, and that's what I'm talking about, this is not a drop-in centre when you can come and go as you please"

Beca rolled her eyes.

"If this is a way for you to make us give up on you, you have another thing coming, we're not giving up on you, so can start the next step by telling me what is going on and why you feel it's appropriate to swear at other teachers. You were doing great, I was even wondering why there were so many issues with you, but now Miss Posen's arrived and you're a completely different person. Please talk to me and we can get you help, and I think it's best if you see our school counsellor here"

"Are you kidding me? I don't need to see a counsellor"

"Beca you need to get rid of this anger and the way you're going teachers are not happy. It's because of me you're still here"

"And I should be grateful for that?"

"Yes, you bloody well should be. We are your LAST chance at an education"

"Well newsflash, I don't want to be here anymore"

"Well, Beca, we both know that's not going to happen, you will finish your years here, so you best start thinking about telling me what is going on in your head so we can help you. Mrs. Smith, myself, Chloe, Amy, Emily and Stacie are worried about you. We all want to help you and we can't help you until you tell one of us what is going on"

"I don't want to talk about it"

"Sorry Beca, but it's drawn the last straw, you need to talk. I know there's something. What was that yesterday between you and Miss Beale, relationship problems?"

"You have to be in a relationship to have relationship problems"

"Sorry to hear that. She cares about you very much. Beca, what is so difficult about opening up to one of us, we all want to help and until you talk, we can't"

Beca shrugged her shoulders

Mr. Harris stood up and looked out the window.

"Beca, if we don't sort something out today, I'm going to have to get your mum in and that's the last thing I want. I want to discuss your attitude with you. So, what can we do to help?"

"Me not being here"

"Beca, don't you get it?" He slammed his hands on his desk. "Do you find this funny?"

"Not to state the obvious, but I'm sure I'd have to laugh to find this funny. So now, I don't find it funny, if anything I find this boring"

"I'm sick of your little sarcastic attitude"

Beca kept quiet.

"Beca, your anger is getting worse at the moment, is there anything we can do that can help channel it into something good to help you"

Beca shrugged her shoulders.

"Well you're not leaving here until I know what's happening"

*RIIIIING*

That was the first bell to let everyone know to go into homeroom.

"I can sit here all day Beca"

"Well so can I"

"Can you please start to open up to me, what happened on Monday? Chloe said something about Miss Posen being in the coffee shop that morning"

He turned around and faced the window. Beca started to relive Monday in her head and had started to cry. He was about to open his mouth but Beca started to talk.