Chapter 7 - The Sleepover Part I

It was just two months after Beca and Chloe had met and they had become the best of friends. Beca was getting on with all of Chloe's friends, Amy, Stacie, and Emily. She met Emily about a month ago as she transferred to their school.

Emily and Chloe have known each other since kindergarten, but Emily went to a different high school, but they always stayed in contact. After Emily's school closed, she moved to the same school as her best friend. Everyone was getting on well.

It was the start of Christmas holidays, and Chloe was staying round Beca's as her Mum and Beca's Mum were going out for drinks. They'd just finished school and as usual walking to the coffee house with Stacie, Amy, and Emily.

"Right guys, I have to go" Emily said.

"Oh, wait up, Em, I'll walk with you"

"Yeah, me too. Have a good weekend girls. Don't do something I wouldn't do" Stacie winked.

"Dude. Hey Stace, can I talk to you about something?"

"Sure, what's up?"

"Just keep your phone on, I need to message you" Beca whispered.

"Alright, catch you later"

Beca and Stacie hugged. Beca certainly was never one to hug, but since meeting Chloe, she changed.

"You ok Beca?" Chloe asked after Beca sat back down.

"Yeah, I needed to ask Stacie something about Maths"

"Ok"

Beca and Chloe both left to go to Beca's. As Beca's mum wasn't home they were going to listen to some music and get on with their work.

They spent about an hour and a half listening to music and doing their homework, thankfully they finished it all.

They were going to listen to a club album as it's what they both enjoy but Chloe insisted on watching Mamma Mia instead, which is what she brought round. It took a few tries to get Beca to say yes, but she gave it, she couldn't deal with Chloe's puppy eyes anymore.

"Chloe, before you play this, I need to go to the bathroom quickly."

"Ok, I'll set this up."

Beca locked the door and got her phone out and opened Stacie's messages.

Mitchell (17:32) – Conrad, you free?

Conrad (17:32) – Yeah, what's up, Mitch?

Mitchell (17:33) – Look, you remember what we were talking about the other week? When we ditched Maths? About Red?

Conrad (17:34) – Oh yeah, that you totally have the hots for her

Mitchell (17:35) – Yeah, that. Look do you think she's interested? I wanna ask her?

Conrad (17:36) – Just ask her? If it doesn't work out, come to mine and we'll smoke!

Mitchell (17:36) – Alright. Oh, if she asks, I was asking you about Maths shit!

Conrad (17:37) – You got it, now you go get your girl. Amy owes me $20

Mitchell (17:37) – YOU BET ON US?!

Conrad (17:38) – If you and Beale see yourselves, you'd bet too! I've made $20 so thank you, Mitch! :*

"Chlo, the work's done. Wanna drink?"

"Sure, I'll grab some juice?"

"No, like wanna drink? I have a bottle of Tequila hidden"

"Oh, yeah, sure. I could do with some giggle juice. Wanna watch a movie?"

"No way, no movies"

"Oh come on, you never want to watch movies. What's so bad about them?"

"What's right about them? The guy gets the girl, the kid sees dead people and Darth Vader is Luke's father. They're so predictable. I just get bored and never make it to the end"

"Ok, firstly the ending are the best part and secondly you just happen to guess the biggest cinematic reveal in history"

"Vader in German means Father, his name is literally Darth Father"

"Huh, come on, one movie. We both like music, right? Let's watch a musical"

"One, just one"

"Ooh, this one's good. Come on Mamma Mia"

"Alright alright, I need a shot before this"