Jealousy

AN: Hi there...

Lauren was sitting in English Lit in her usual seat. They were doing partner work, and as much as she wanted to work with her girlfriend, Camila was on the other side of the room. Besides, she had friends in the class and that would be suspicious. Lauren was working with a girl named Lucy. Lucy was a soccer player who had always been nice to Lauren. In fact, she was one of the only people who talked to her in classes. They were both smart and in a lot of AP classes together. Lauren was sitting there talking with Lucy over their assignment. She didn't think anything of it when Lucy's hand rested on her forearm as they were talking back and forth.

Camila, on the other hand, hated English Lit. She sighed as one of her friends asked her about the assignment. "I don't know, Dinah. Read the fucking book and you'll know why he got shot." She looked over at her girlfriend and smiled softly, but it quickly faded when she saw Lucy Vives talking to her girlfriend. It was more than just talking. It looked like they were flirting. She looked at Lauren and noticed how she was smiling. She felt a surge of jealousy flow through her.

Lauren looked at Lucy and laughed softly at the joke she made about the assignment. She continued to converse with the girl as the class went on. Normally she would be texting Camila or starting at her from across the room, but this assignment was due at the end of class. Lauren wrote one of their answers on the paper as Lucy leaned closer to look. She said something else about the assignment as she heard Lucy laughing again as she girl gripped her forearm.

Camila clenched her jaw at the sight of Lucy fucking Vives flirting with her girlfriend. It was really starting to piss her off.

"Mila, you okay?" The cheerleader looked over at Dinah and nodded her head.

"Yep. Fine." She looked down at the paper. She filled in the answer and caught Dinah looking over at her sheet. She gave up and just let her copy. Why did she bother anyway? She looked over at Lauren and Lucy again.

Lauren wasn't paying any attention to her girlfriend as she was finishing the assignment with Lucy. They were almost done and the school day was almost over. She wrote down the last of the answer as she heard Camila talking. She looked up at her girlfriend and furrowed her brows.

"If you two are going to flirt, why don't you do it outside of class?" Camila said with a bite to her tone.

Lucy looked over at Camila. "Just because you dumped Michael doesn't mean that you should be jealous."

Camila scoffed. "Whatever."

Lauren didn't understand what had gotten into Camila and why she was being so rude. "I'm sorry, Lucy. Just ignore her." She said as they wrote their names on the assignment. The bell rang and Lauren gathered her stuff before ignoring Camila and leaving the classroom, heading toward her locker.

Camila grabbed her bag when the bell went off and put the assignment in the basket on the teacher's desk. She was so done. She brushed her shoulder against Lucy's roughly as she walked to her locker. God, Lauren was so dense!

The soccer player was openly flirting with her. She had a girlfriend, damn it. Camila grabbed her books and shoved them into her bag before making her way out of the school. She needed to calm herself down. She had to give Lauren a ride home, especially since it was pouring down rain outside. She got into her car and turned it on before waiting for Lauren.

Lauren didn't think she was doing anything wrong, so she had no idea why Camila could be so upset. She changed out the books that she needed to take home that day before closing her locker and heading toward the door closest to the parking lot. Lauren noticed it was raining as she exited the school. She threw her jacket that she had been carrying over her head and ran out to Camila's car. She opened the door and quickly got in, shutting it behind her. She folded her coat and set it in Camila's back seat.