Happy(?) Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is supposed to be a time of happiness and spending it with your family. Lauren and Camila's families insisted on spending the holiday together, given the nature of their daughters' relationship with one another, and something about bonding over their mutual Cuban heritage. However, what neither family knew about was the tension that existed between Lauren and Camila.

It had been a week since Lauren and Camila had been okay with each other. Both girls were upset about the conversation that took place in Lauren's room, but both were too proud to sort it out. Lauren still spent time at Camila's because she needed to care for the mother of her future child; and to help Sinu with the painting of the baby's room, but even then, Camila's mother was in the dark about the disagreement that was currently taking place between the young couple.

The Cabello's had been at the Jauregui house all morning. Sinu was in the kitchen helping Clara prepare the traditional Cuban meal. Camila was perched on the couch with her father and Mike. She had no clue where Lauren was, and she was trying to not let it bother her.

Lauren hadn't come down to see Camila since her girlfriend and her family arrived. She had herself holed up in her room reading a book and studying for her exams. She knew that she needed to talk to Camila for the sake of keeping the holiday spirit, but she was still upset with the younger girl.

She couldn't figure out why Camila was so upset with her applying to colleges out of state. The whole purpose of her decision was to better herself for Camila and the baby. She thought she had explained that to Camila before.

Camila was 'watching' the football game with her father and Mike. She was trying to act like she was interested, but she knew that if anyone was actually paying attention, they would see right through her. Her mom had caught on a little to the uncomfortableness between her and Lauren that week; the noticeable difference being that Lauren hardly stayed overnight all week, and usually left within an hour of arriving.

She didn't hear her mom or Clara walk up behind her, causing her to jump a little at Sinu's voice.

"Mija, where's Lauren?"

The younger girl turned and looked at her mom and Clara, both giving her a knowing look. "I don't know. Probably in her room." She responded, attention turning back to the tv.

"Why don't you go up there and get her to come down. Today's about family, and I don't want my daughter holed up in her room studying all day." Clara said.

Camila just nodded her head and stood up. She made her way silently over to the stairs, taking a deep breath before venturing up to Lauren's room. She stopped herself in front of her girlfriend's door, closing her eyes for a second to gather herself before knocking.

"Doors unlocked." Lauren said as she flipped through the pages of her outline. She looked up as her girlfriend walked into her room and shut the door behind her.

"Hi." Camila said shyly. She stood at the foot of her girlfriend's bed, waiting and hoping that Lauren would be civil and not kick her out.

"Hey. What's up?" Lauren asked as she kept her eyes on the paragraph that she was reading. She knew that someone would come up here to get her eventually, but she was hoping that it would have been Chris or Taylor.

Camila shrugged as she looked at her girlfriend. No matter how upset she was with Lauren, she could never deny the older girl's beauty. Her wavy hair was tousled, pulling off that perfect bed head look. She had on a gray cable knit sweater that was just a little too big on her with a pair of light wash jeans.

"Camila? Did you need something?" Lauren asked as she gained the attention from her girlfriend. She couldn't help but smile softly as her girlfriend blushed.