Double Date

Camila was anxious. Since she had dropped out of school and become pregnant, she was keeping the secret from everyone except her and Lauren's family. But the time came where her former cheer squad captain, and best friend, Dinah, became curious. She talked to the girl still, but Camila was very evasive about why she left school and why she couldn't hang out.

The younger girl knew that Lauren had been fielding questions from people, mostly Dinah and Normani, and she hated that she put the pressure to lie to their closest friends on her girlfriend.

Lauren was sitting on Camila's bed as her girlfriend was pacing around, trying to decide what she should wear on their upcoming double date. She had been able to convince her girlfriend to stop hiding from her best friend. Since Camila left the school, Lauren became closer with both Normani and Dinah, and she felt like they could trust the two girls to keep their secret

The hockey player knew that the girls would be supportive of Camila and her pregnancy, but she knew the types of questions that she would inevitably have to field because of it. She knew the first assumption would be Camila that cheated and the baby was Michael's, but she wanted to show her support to her girlfriend by telling their two closest friends her biggest secret as well.

She looked up as Camila shuffled through the items in her closet. The younger girl insisted on trying to find something that hid her bump. To Lauren, there was nothing to hide anymore. She would gladly face the world and its ridicule if it meant that she still had Camila, but for some reason, the ex-cheerleader was still hesitant.

"Camila, please just pick something. We have to leave soon," Lauren said, a little impatiently. They had been sitting there for the last hour as Camila paced and tossed clothes around her room. "You'll look gorgeous in anything, and like I said, I don't care who knows anymore." She said as she stood up and walked over to her girlfriend.

Lauren wrapped her arms around Camila from behind and hugged her close, trying to reassure the smaller girl that she was there. "I love you," the hockey player said as she placed a soft kiss on Camila's neck.

Camila couldn't explain why, but she was terrified. It was one thing to drop out of school and get your GED, but to do it because of a pregnancy...she was afraid of being judged for getting pregnant so young. Deep down she knew that Lauren was right, everything would be okay, as long as their two closest friends and family supported them.

The younger girl turned in Lauren's arms and draped her arms around her girlfriend's neck. "I love you, too. Thank you for talking me down and being so supportive." She said before leaning in to kiss the older girl. "I don't know what I would do without you."

She ran her fingertips gently over the base of Lauren's neck, right where she knew the older girl's tattoo was. She sighed as she kissed her girlfriend once more. She stepped back and grabbed a shirt, quickly pulling it over her head.

"I'm ready," Camila said as she took a deep breath. Nothing could ever prepare her for this type of situation, but she knew that as long as she had Lauren by her side, everything would be alright.

Camila took a hold of Lauren's hand and led them upstairs. They said a quick goodbye to her parents and Sofi before heading out. She followed Lauren across the grass to the older girl's car. She smiled as Lauren quickly rushed ahead to open the door for her. She kissed her girlfriend's cheek before climbing in.