Diary: Chapter Four

"Finish twenty-five to thirty and because we're all overachievers, start on section fifteen. Do one through ten and have it all ready by Tuesday, we're gonna hit the ground running. Enjoy your weekend." Mr. Lewis dismissed us. 

I grabbed my backpack and threw it over my shoulder while raising in my seat, it was odd to be going into the weekend with nothing to do but I wasn't upset, I had the apartment to myself and some quality time to get my mindset together. I didn't like girls. I couldn't like girls. My parents would be upset about that, I could imagine them ranting right now. I pulled my phone out my pocket and read the messages from the unknown number, the first one was simply a "Wyd later" and the second was more specific with a simple "It's Charlie"

Wait... how did she get my number? Riley, that damn Riley. I hesitated texting back, I knew that nothing good would come out of texting her and I was sure that it would end with me falling victim to her beauty and charisma attitude. Is it technically charisma or would it just be her attitude because that makes her even sexier when she's so nonchalant sometimes. 

I'll text something simple. "How you get my number?" Why does that seem so aggressive?

"Riley." Should of fucking known, the reply was swift and I wasn't sure what to say next so I pocketed my phone as I reached my locker.

I unlocked it quickly and tossed my homework inside as everyone tired to rush for the doors, I will wait until the crowd disperse before I try to exit. It was the weekend and I wasn't going to be doing homework, I wanted to relax and I will reap the consequences on Monday, plus I know I'm not the only one. I popped in my wireless headphones and closed my locker, replacing the combination lock and making sure it's secured before fishing for my phone and turning on some music. 

I glanced around before starting to the door just as the crowd lessened significantly and I was glad, I walked with my backpack on my back correctly because my shoulders would hurt during my walk. I glanced over as a pink 2018 Camaro slowed beside me and for some reason, I wasn't shocked since I knew who drove that car. Did I ever mention that Charlie Onyx drives a bright pink Camaro? I don't think I did. 

I awkwardly greeted her with a simple wave as she slowly cruised beside me, I realized she was offering to give me a ride and quickly walked closer to her car as she unlocked the doors. I opened it but the hesitation was obvious as she cocked her head, I couldn't see her eyes but I was sure she was questioning why I was suddenly so tense around her. I removed one of my headphones as I eased into her ride and looked over at her curiously, why was she giving me a ride?

"I was looking for you." She said. "I thought you left already."

"I was cleaning my locker." I lied, not wanting her to see that I was claustrophobic and my anxiety didn't really help, I was truly a weirdo, I guess.

She luckily didn't try to elaborate further and I was glad as a recognizable beat started to play on her radio, she immediately started bobbing my head as I did as well, cutting the music that was blasting through my headphones off while removing the one in my other ear as well. Charlie reached forward quickly and raised the volume as she realized I was vibing to the same music she was.

"Hit you with no delaying so what you sayin yo. Silly with my nine milli, what the deally yo"

I bobbed to the beat as I mouthed the words, looking out the window as Busta Rhymes rapped over the sick beat.

"When I be on the mic yes I do my duty yo." Charlie rapped, making me pause and cock an eyebrow at her.

She looked over at me as I continued to mouth the words, still watching her with a smug look because I wasn't sure if she was fronting or if she actually liked this song. I noticed that it was actually her AUX plugged into her radio so maybe she did like this music after all, and for some reason, it was a turn on.