Diary: Chapter Two

"Mom! We're upstairs!" Charlie called, tossing her keys on the console table by the door before hurrying up the stairs, I quickly followed.

I remained completely quiet as I followed her through a hall before turning and we reached her room, she opened the door and I walked inside, quickly glancing around her room. She had a thick, black drape over the one window present in her room and it kept a lot of the sun's light out, the theme of her room was a baby pink and a soft white to keep it tamed. I walked to her bed and sat my backpack on it before unzipping the bag to grab the things I needed out of it. 

I glanced behind me as I heard an audible click to find that Charlie had closed her door, I turned back around as she walked to her dresser and slid a bobbypin out of her head, right when she did so, her bangs fell right into her face. I sat on the end of the bed, I had only manage to get over her house once and that time was at least a year ago before she became closer to Delilah than anyone else had ever. I watched as she pushed her hair out of her face then looked at herself from different angles in the wall-mounted mirror over her dresser, she was always so beautiful to me and I always wondered what she thought of herself.

"I put on too much foundation today." She muttered, grabbing a makeup cleansing wipe. "Everyone was probably laughing at me, maybe that's why they kept looking at us."

"I never noticed." I said, staring at her.

Charlie glanced back at me with a tiny smile before she turned and went back to wiping the makeup off her face, she tossed the first cleansing wipe into a small bin beside her dresser.

"You know, you always said the nicest things to me last year." Charlie said, turning in my direction and leaning against her dresser with the second wipe in hand. "You've always been sweet girl."

I shrugged. "I think you're perfect the way you are, everyone is."

She dropped her gaze to the floor before turning back around to face the wall-mounted mirror as I turned my attention away from her, I must of said something that irritated her and I mentally kicked my own ass for it. I had been honest, Charlie was more than beautiful and I wish I could show her that however she needed me to. My eyes never mistaken me, she's so gorgeous. 

"I might would of believed you if I heard that this morning. It would be better than your own mother telling you to add a little more foundation to your face, that way you can cover up a pimple." She muttered, dropping the second wipe in the trash.

"You look fine just the way you are, I wish I could put on makeup and look fantastic like you." I said in a stoic tone, completely joking and Charlie already knew because she giggled.

"I'm sure makeup isn't your thing." She said and I nodded because it was true.

I stand a good five-eight with an angled bob that was cut at the nape of my neck in the back before angling to my shoulders in the front, I have hazel eyes with plump lips that I never wore lipstick or lip gloss on. My shoulders were slightly broad from me staying fit and doing my best to eat healthy. When people see Charlie, they expect to see them dressed in a short skirt with a tiny top that showed the swell of her breast, as well as a thick layer of makeup on her face to hide the true beauty underneath. However, when people see someone like me, they know my appearance will not be something to please them, and I don't care.

"I think I'm fine without it." I said in the same stoic tone while reaching up and pushing a tiny strand of hair out of my face.

"I think you are too." Charlie said, making me look at her as she looked at me through the mirror.

I gave her a very tiny nod as I dropped my eyes unintentionally to her butt, enjoying the sight of her skinny jeans clasping her round butt cheeks, I looked away and blinked a couple of times while blinking to myself to get it together. I knew that anyone else would have freaked out, my heart was racing in my chest as I was thinking of the millions of ways this could go completely wrong. I didn't want anyone to know that I was into girls, I pretended that I was interested in anyone at the school but the truth was that I was. I wanted someone who could catch my eye and keep it, someone to please me like the others are being pleased.