Part 1

It was the first day of his new school when Shuvro saw her.
It was in the second grade he had joined the new school. With a lot of loneliness in heart, he came to the little playground of the elementary section. He saw the children were playing in their groups. Some of them threw glances at him but then ran towards their mates.
Sitting under the big tree at the corner of the ground he opened the tiffin box. Shuvro's nose was still a little red from the silent sobs he was having before coming to the school and throughout the first two classes. The good boy inside him made him sit on the first bench, but he couldn't help the urges of crying.
Munching the first bite of a spoonful of Maggi he looked up hearing a girl's yelling.
"What the shit are you guys doing. Butu... Aru... stop it!!!" The girl was trying to tear apart two boys, who were busy in a hand to hand fight. Her tiny frame was jumping with a red face to clam the boys down.
Shuvro knew one of those guys, Butu. The guy lived in the same housing complex they had just moved in.
Frowning Shuvro noticed the girl took a glance of him and soon she yelled over at him "Hey help me with these two!" And then her face jolted at the boys again "look at him, how quietly he is sitting. Look! And look at you two."
"Who asked you to poke your nose in our fight? Go and make friends with him!" Butu growled not leaving Arun at all.
But Arun seemed a little diverted as his eyes flickered at Shuvro. The thought of a new friend sparkled on his orbs. And when Tuli started slapping both the boys again Arun gave up.
"Keep your stupid yo-yo to yourself! I don't want it." Arun made a face at Butu and ran towards Shuvro followed by Tuli.
"Hey, why are you sitting here alone?" Arun huffed sitting down beside Shuvro.
He looked at him and then his eyes went on to her. That was the first time in his life his breath was hitched.

That was the day when Shuvro Roy Choudhary first met her. He still could see that face of her crystal clear. Everything that was in the background of her face now had gone blurry and greyish but her face. The smile she had on her face was so much warm that made all the tears in his eyes, he had, disappear.
And now she was, darker than gloom.

He lightened another smoke as it seemed the night grew a little darker around the house. He took a lung full of smoke. The two-storey house was feeling emptier since he had returned from Tuli's house. He had bought the house back some years ago. But after the death of his parents, the house was seeming to eat him up. The lone house was haunting him.
And all he wanted was one more heartbeat in the house.
Shuvro ran his fingers through his hairs roughly. The frustration inside him was lashing time and again.
He could understand Tuli very well. But the fact that he understood her, was not understandable to others, as it seemed.
Exhausted, he walked towards the bedroom slowly.

***

"That is impossible. You hear me?" Tulika shouted with all her might.
"Stop screaming Tuli," her mother hissed but that did nothing to the fuming rage and helplessness inside Tuli. She sniffed. Her head was throbbing badly with anger and the tears didn't agree to stay put in eyes. Her red face was breaking her mother's heart into pieces, but she needed to think about her daughter's future. And not getting married was not an option clearly. "We understand you Tuli, and we understood till now, but its been seven years. Seven long years Tulika- you need to move on!" Mrs Sengupta tried to sound reasonable.
"Sumedh loved you like his own mother maa. Have you forgotten everything...?" Tuli screamed again.
Mrs Sengupta couldn't but shutter for once as she remembered that lively boy again, and that face with the brightest smile flashed once again in her mind. How in just two years a boy became their that much close she never understood. But that dreadful night made them understand the fact.
But looking at her daughter's face she controlled herself.
And grabbing Tuli's both arms and looking at her tearful eyes, she said "the day after tomorrow, is your engagement. Make yourself understand that Tulika. The sooner the better!" And she left before her voice got broken- leaving Tuli shattering into pieces behind...

Please vote and leave a comment, those are huge supports...