Part 62

A/N: please comment. I understand some part of this chapter was unclear. I have edited the second portion of this chapter. Please give it a read...

A white ray of light vividly fell on her eyes as Tuli opened her eyes. The light was so strong that she needed to raise her hand to guard her eyes.
"Where am I?" She whispered seeing nothing around her but that glow. "Shuvro!!!" She screamed.
"Do you believe in an afterlife?" A voice came from her behind. Tuli jumped up hearing the voice. She was hearing the voice after what it seemed like a birth. But how could she listen to him? How could it be? Was it possible? Turning around with a jolt that same bright smile in front of her wiped away all her thoughts.
"Sumedh!" A yelp of joy came out of her mouth but like a murmur. Cries of happiness and disbelief ran down her eyes.
"Hey!" He said with that same mischievous smirk he used to have. Rushing like a wind she ran at him and jumped in his arms having her eyes welling up. Engulfing her in his arm he smiled. Having her arm tightly around him she closed her eyes in peace.
"I miss you so much!" She cried. "I miss this!" and tightened her embrace around him.
"I am always here Tuli. Always!" Sumedh chuckled softly. "And I am so so very much proud of you my love."
"Wait! But how am I seeing you?" She looked up at him. "Am I dead?"
"Not yet! You need to go back." He smiled.
"But it's fine!"
"No my love. It's not your time yet." Sumedh smiled coping her cheek in his hand. "You yet to live a long and happy life with your man. Shuvro needs you. He needs you more than you ever needed me. You need to go back."
"He is right!" Another voice called her from around and there she saw her baba was standing over there.
"Baba!" She screamed before running and hugging her old man. Leaping on his chest tears kept running from her eyes. "I am so sorry Baba! I am so very sorry!"
"Oh, my child I can never be mad at you! You have always made me so happy! I am so happy for you Tuli! You were and always be the most beautiful gift life had given me!" Mr Sengupta planted a kiss on her forehead. "And you need to go back my child." He loosened his embrace around her. With tears in her eyes, Tuli looked up at the two of the most loved men in her life smiling down at her.
Sumedh's hand raised up to tuck a lock of her hair behind her ear like he used to and whispered "and Tuli, he needs to know."
His words made her gulp the lump inside her throat. Her eyes widened. Grabbing his hand she spoke "Sumedh I..."
But making her stop he said, "I know!" Tears at the corner of his eyes sparkled, "but he doesn't. And you need to tell him. It's fine. Because I will always love you no matter what. For I know I have spared him this birth. And I will wait right here for you."

***

Beep! Beep! Beep!

The bored lone sound of the monitor and a spark of electric shock running up and down her body welcomed her back into senses. Flattering her eyes open Tuli gasped widely. For a moment she couldn't understand whether she was still hallucinating or not.
"She is in! She is in!" Someone screamed and then the lady started patting her cheeks "Hey, woman! Hey! Can you hear me! Hey!" Tuli didn't remember if she had answered. She felt so sleepy. "Come on move her! Move! Fast!" She heard the same voice before again losing her senses and the memory of hallucinations got lost in oblivion.

*

Again the boring sound of the monitor brought her back. Opening her eyes she looked around. The scene was so familiar to her. Unknowingly and instantly her eyes ran towards the visitor's chair in her room but she didn't see the person she was hoping there. The needles prickling on her skin made her realise her the pain her body was in. She realised the presence of the oxygen mask and a sudden pain in her lower abdominal. Looking around the room she could see the words I.C.U. written in big red words at the glass door.
"You are up!" A smiling nurse gritted her. "How are you feeling?" Tuli nodded at her and as she was about to ask the very question she had in her mind since she gained her sense, the nurse went out saying "let me inform the doc!"