Part 22

I am sorry I could not post last two weeks, I myself was a little ill. Hope you lovely people will forgive me. :p

After four days of high fever one afternoon Tuli got back her strength enough to wek up properly. And opening her eyes the first thing she noticed was a pair of eyes- closed, swollen a little, not because they might have cried, but they were created that way. The long enough eyelashes, which could easily compete with any false eyelashes and cause envy of many girls - had casted a shadow over the temples. Those lashes were trembling a little letting her know that those eyes were dreaming.

And the face, to whom the eyes belonged, was towering over her.

Suvro's sleeping figure half lying on the bed, was leaning on the bed post. Through out this week he had been very usual with this sleeping gesture. Indeed the whole week was tiring but a part of him couldn't help but feel a tint of happiness. All the week he was around Tuli, and she had let him help her, let him take care of her- he was unaware of whether she knew it was him or not, or she was just thinking himself as Sumedh, but he didn't care. For him being around her was enough, and to top that she eating from him, having medicines from him.

Subhro had taken a leave of one week that very day she got fever. He had emailed her boss informing all the reasons. He didn't know the consequences that was waiting for him but he knew it worthed everything.

Tuli was weak so much she was not able to keep her back up for long time. Doctor Sanyal had advised her to admit her to a nursing home, when he was taking blood sample of Tuli to run a blood test. And may be he would have done it as soon as possible but the next moment he was confused.

He remembered Tuli's fist squeezing his hand as tightly as she could when the doctor injected the needle in her vain. And almost in reflex both of his palm too had wrapped around her palm.

"Its okay, I am here." He whispered and instantly some corner of his mind thought that Tuli might want him to be on her side. Later that night he called that part of himself 'asshole'. But then the blood result came put normal and taking a look of her sleeping face he couldn't change his mind. Instead he did everything for her, all she needed himself. Through all these four days he was all time at her bed - checking her temperature, putting the wet cloth on her forehead or changing it when needed, feeding her, cleaning her vomits, helping Chaya to help her take a bath, continuously running water all night on her forehead and head to tame the temperature.

And on the fifth day she sat up properly.

Seating up Tuli's head took a whirl so she stayed put in that position for a moment. That's when she noticed the man half lying next to her. For her cold the fan was off droplets of sweats were visible on his forehead and face.

Wrapping the duvet around herself Tuli stood up holding the bedpost tightly.

***

Getting out of the washroom her gaze ran at Subhro on the bed. Her facial expression didn't gave away anything that was storming inside her mind.

Biting her lips for a moment she thought something. Then tiptoed gingerly went to the bed and grabbed a pillow and put it in the little gap between Subhro's back and the bed post.

And before she walked out of the room the fan started moving at her touch on the switchboard.

***

Her whole mouth seemed tasteless to her. To have some spicy thing Tuli entered the kitchen. And all she could find was some boiled potatoes smashed and mixed with chili and onions, and another bowled full of barley.

Making a face at the barley she picked up a little of the smashed potatoes with her index finger and thumb and put it in the mouth. And instantly jumped up hearing a voice.

"What exactly are you doing?" Subhro hissed with worry and surprise looking at her.

"I..." Tuli stammered being caught off guard.

"You have fever, Tuli what are you doing here?" Subhro's eyebrows were knitted.

"I don't have fever..." She protested but got cut in as his palm on her forehead was already checking it.

"Yah, not warm... but you should not stand here like this, you still weak."

Overwhelmed with his sudden casual actions she stayed flabbergasted.

"Are you hungry? You want something?"

She nodded.

"Okay I'll bring some barley. You..." Subhro's sentence did not meet its end as it got interrupted with a yell.

"I will never have that thing anymore. Never!!!" Tuli screamed with all her might and the disgust towards the food was so vivid on her face till a point of being hilarious.

But Subhro was astonished to find it funny. "They what do you want?" He asked.

"Something like chilly chicken?" She asked with a redness of coyness on her nose...

So here was the update. Hope you guys have liked it. Now please VOTE!!! VOTE!!! VOTE!!! and comment.