Part 10

The beeping sound of something and a smell of disinfectants hit her nerves hard as she crawles back into senses. The big pale blue wall was the first thing to catch her eyesight.

Flattering her eyes here and then she trid to register where she was.

Besides some blipping systems around she noticed a tired figure leaning over the visitor's couch at the corner of the room. She was given a privet room after perpetual persistence of her husband, and at the farthest corner of that room seeing him in that state all her senses stopped for a moment. Suvro drenched out all his energy was dozed off and curled up on the couch. A bunch of empty cups were lying on the corner table beside him.

But the moment didn't last more than one minor second. She jolted her face away from him and sat up. But sooner she tried to sprang up sooner a head rush and weakness made her attempt futile.

"Uh" she whipered keeping her head on her palm. Hostile breaths passed through her gritted theeths when some tears of frustration rolled down her cheeks.

Why? Why? Why?

Taking some deep bearth she tried to straightened up and again her eyes fall on the chair.

Where, the man who was sleeping, now waking up, was looking at her with the eyes like the eyes of a deer caught in light -widen.

She again looked away from him though loosing the ferocity in the action like the earlier.

He kept looking at her for some moment bringing back the disgust inside her.

'Why can't he leave me alone for God's sakes!!!'

'What would have happened to me if you would have died!' He could not utter the words he had said in his head thousand times since he was in the room.

She clenched her jaw anticipating he was about to say something to her when he stood up clearing his voice.

But he all he could utter was "I am going to inform the doctor." And rushed out.

"Die for I care!" Hissed out through her clenched jaws.

***

"You are looking fine Mrs. RoyChoudhary." The doctor smiled checking her up. "How are you feeling? Hmm?"

She refused to answer and kept sitting up nonchalantly.

The nurse standing beside her bed made a face narrowing her eyes and crumbling her eyebrows.

Doctor Sanyal though didn't feel anything absurd. He walked up to Suvro asking him to come with him.

"What is it?" Suvro asked quickly sitting opposite the doctor. "Isn't she fine?"

"Mr. RoyChoudhary, your wife is fine, physically. She is absolutely fine. She'll feel some weaknesses but other than that she is completely fine." Doctor Sanyal smiled "but, Mr. RoyChoudhary, Mr. Chatterjee told me everything. Mrs. RoyChoudhary is not fine mwntally, she needs a lot of care, a lot as in a lot, are you sure you can provide her what she needs rights now?"

Suvro nodded with out even wasting a moment and looked at the doctor expectantly.

"She needs a constant eye on her. She has attempted suicide once, she can do it once more. She is not at all stable mentally. We doesn't know when this becomes a tendency or illness- so, I'll suggest you to consider a psychological help." Doctor passed a card to him.

***

Tulika's parents were foreced to return home and have some rest cause of Suvro's stubborn insists. Last night after everyone was assured of Tulika's well being, Tulika's mother was determined to stay night long. But the lady had some nedical problems and needed some quality sleep as well as Mr. Sengupta. So after Suvro promised to stay up all night and be at her bed foot, inspite of Anindya's all objections, they all returned.

Tbey returned at the visitor's time at the morning as soon as they could.

"How could you?" "Why?" Her mother howled so many questions. But she remained nonchalant.

"Did we raised you to see this day? You wanted us to see the dead body of our child?" Her mother started crying "there no such pain in the world, all I wanted you to be happy!!!"

But she refused to answer any of the questions.

Her father stayed mum looking at their daughter questioning whether he did the right thing or not over over again and walked out of the room.

"Are you taking her home?" Mr. Sengupta asked Suvro seeing him walking towards Tulika's room though the corridor.

Suvro looked at his father in law afraid that he might get forbidden from taking her home. "Ye...yes!" He murmured. Mr. Sengupta nodded lightly in his familiar way looking at the little kitbag Auvro was carying. "I brought some dress for her ro change." Suvro spoke up confusedly.

'Uncle I promise I'll take care of her, please don't take her away from me! It was the last time she has suffered! Please don't! Cause I won't be able to yell at you claiming my right!' He kept chanting in his head.

Mr. Sengupta took a look of the man standing infront of him. Suvro was still the boy of ten years for him, when he first saw him. The boy's eyes behind those heavy glasses were still afraid today with a guilt. It made him forgetting the place and situation, want ro ruffle his hair and make him smile just like the day he first met him.

No! He hadn't done anything wrong. " take care of her!" He smiled keeping his hand on Suvro's shoulder and walked away.

***

He kept stealing glancing of her through the entire way back home. But not for once she looked up at him. She kept sitting leaning on the passenger seat looking at nowhere.

He stopped at the gate of his house, which now was again empty. All the relatives had gone back. Though they didn't want to, but Riya made everyone leave, saying the girl didn't need another headache after coming from hospital as they were that more than any help. Though she was a little annoyed herself on Tuli so she wanted to leave as soon as possible cause she knew she would hit heard on her new sister in law's face.

"Come, we are home." Suvro mumbled helding the door open when Tuli remained on her seat even after some times he kept the door open.

Tulika kept sitting clenching her fists. Why she was again here! Couldn't her parents take her to home at least for some days! What sin she ever did to deserve such fate! Her eye stated hurting and before tears rolled out she quickly climbed out of the car went inside...

I hope it was not boring and you guys liked it. Vote and leave comment, they are big encouragements, and then I'll post the next part soon...