The Stars Within

"Hello there Ms. Stirling, nice to see you."

".....was that a pun?"

"......no......how are you?"

"Pretty cool."

The interviewer snickered under her breath.

"Now, I am aware that yourself and Jade were the first to meet Caio's friend Aquarius."

"Yeah, we were pretty much the only ones in the beginning. The time Aaron, Auria, Dusten and Val left, we were told to go back inside immediately. If we were sent in for backup, we always had to be prepared and the others never had the opportunity to actually talk to her since they never really see her."

"It was a couple weeks until you got to actually see her again, right?"

"No, actually it was before the Taylar accident. I even think that Twin got a call from Kani about a lock that night."

"So that's when this happened.......What did happen?"

"She told us about Caio's power and how it works basically. We went to the beach, yeah it was night time but we made a campfire by the ocean. Caio preferred the ocean anyway, chlorine makes him ill. It was cold that night but the fire was nice. Jade was making the fire while I stargazed. Caio was sitting by the shore at the time, just staring out at the water."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey bro...you okay?"

I looked toward Caio as Jade was simultaneously talking and stoking the fire.

Caio just looked out to the water, I couldn't see his face.

"Hey.....Caio......you awake?"

He just kept staring. Not paying attention.

"Why are we out here? He's obsessed with water, it's like he's a merman or a fish."
"The only way to summon that mermaid chick is by using water, or so he says, and chlorine makes him sick so we have to use the ocean."
"He brought us out here. He should be doing something."
"Stop whining you big baby. He's probably just meditating."
"Why?"
"His way of coping. You think this is easy on him? He needs something to help. He comes out to the water constantly and just sits there for hours on free time."
"He has been kinda distant and not only here, even back in Eastwood."
"For all I know, he's going insa-"

Caio stood up, still looking at the water and then turned around. He smiled. I assumed he never heard us talking about him but I don't know.

"Nice fire Jade."

He walked over and knelt down next to Jade. Helping with the fire.

"You okay Twin?"
"Yeah...I'm fine...are you?"
"Yeah...Jade?"
"I'm cool."

Caio added one more log to the fire and then went to enter the water until it touched the bottom of his shorts.

I followed him to the edge of the water with Jade.

"Bro...is there something you wanna tell us?"
"Is there something you want me to tell you, Jade?"
"You haven't exactly been yourself lately."
"I can summon a mermaid from another dimension and you can transform into animals. I don't think anyone has been themselves lately."

I looked at Jade, who looked back at me. I then looked out at Caio who was staring out into the distance

"Are you two ready?"
"Sure are."
"Ready as can be."

Caio looked up into the stars, his hands by his side. 

"With the powers between I, the Traveller, and she, the Water Bearer. We open the door between our worlds."