Six

Cassie stared at me for a second before she dove into action. 

She shut the door and literally flew across the room and drew the curtains- thick enough to block the light.

"Are you okay?" She asked, sounding more calm than I would have expected.

"I'm glowing and floating like a freaking oracle, do I look okay!?" I asked.

"Kiran, you need to stay calm!" She asked. Her feet left the floor, and she floated to get eye level with me. "How did this happen?"

I took a deep breath, thinking back over my day. "After you guys left- after I woke up- I saw this henna tattoo on my arm."

"But you don't use henna."

"I thought it was! But it wasn't, I tried to scrub it off, but it wouldn't come off, and then it started getting warmer, and then it was glowing in the dark, and then it exploded in light all over the room!"

"Let me see," Cassie reached for me.

I stared at her. "How can you not see? It's all over the room!"

"I meant your hand, silly." Cassie smirked. "You're losing it Kiran."

I laughed nervously, "I know, I know," and held out my arm for her to take. She traced the designs with her eyes, blinking rapidly so she wouldn't go blind.

"I've never seen anything like this before. It's not Greek." She shook her head.

"It's probably Urdu, or something Pakistani, like the ruins and the stupid box," I said. I blinked back a sudden onslaught of tears.

"Stupid, stupid, I was so stupid, why'd I have to look in that stupid box and get my stupid self knocked out." I sniffed and rubbed my eyes with my free hand.

Cassie looked up, holding my hand tightly. "Kiran, hey, do you trust me?"

Uncertain, I nodded.

Cassie smiled reassuringly. "Kir, I promise you. Everything is going to be okay."

"Okay," I repeated it to myself, nodding. Suddenly, the light had disappeared, and I hadhad dropped down on the bed. 

"See, what'd I tell ya?" Cassie asked proudly. She landed neatly next to me.

I threw my arms around her. "You are the best friend ever!" Then I stopped, and pulled back.

"Cassie?"

"Yeah?"

"How could you, you know...?"

"Stay calm during that entire incident? Years of reading fanfiction about freak accidents and gaining superpowers. Built up endurance."

I snorted. "Yeah, I kind of got that, but how could you..."

"How could I what?"

I played with a split end.

"Fly?" I whispered uncertainly.

Cassie sighed, and slumped. "Diana's gonna kill me..." She moaned.

"Who's Diana?" I asked.

Cassie stood up. "You can't tell anyone, okay? I would have IM'd you about it the moment it happened, but she-" she nearly growled "said I had to protect my identity, and that telling you would put you in jeopardy."

She unzipped the top of her jacket, revealing a golden double-W insignia on a black t-shirt.

"This isn't a cosplay, Kiran. I'm Wonder Woman's apprentice. Wonder Girl."