Case 1: The baby

Monday

9:30 am

Case 1: The Baby

Hi my name is Mai Taniyama! It's been almost three years since I've started to work at SPR. And I love it! I have a new family where we all connect together. Even though we've been through tough times, we always managed to get through it in the end....

(You already know the characters so ff)

-----------

"Mai Taniyama, Mai please come to the
principles office. Thank you."

What did I do? Oh no! What if it's because I got a second lunch?!? Calm down Mai, your being ridiculous.

I walk down the halls toward the principal's office. Just wandering what it could possibly be. Hmmm something tells me it would be good news. With that thought in mind, I happily skipped down the corridors.

Once I was at the door, reaching for the handle I felt a spark. Not like a spark of electricity, but a spark which brings you joy. I could sense a bit of familiarity coming from inside. I don't understand why.... hmmm this is starting to get kind of weird.

Finally I decided to open the door to see what's up. As Naru would say it's cause of my 'animal instincts' which I can't exactly blame him... But it still makes me mad comparing me to an animal!
Once I saw what was on the other side, my jaw dropped.
There in the room was a crib with a baby inside and a baby bag on the ground.

"Umm... Mr. what's with the baby?"

"He is the reason why I called you down here Mai. You see a problem came up with the seniors project. Like every year, the students will take care of an infant that's from the local orphanage and take care of he or she until the end of the year, and have the choice to adopt them at the end. But just when we gave the orphanage the number of pairs, coincidentally two people moved before we could change it. And so there's one baby left without a care taker. So I decided it would be best to give him to you. I've tried other students, but they all refused. If you take him, you would automatically get an A for next year. You also have the choice to adopt just like the seniors. So would you take him?"

My principal explained. His eyes were full of hope and was practically pleading me. I couldn't believe it. This poor child, having no one to take care of him. And I would be taking the grade early!

"Of course! I would love too! The poor thing needs a family, and I would be grateful to be able to give him that love!"

The mans eyes lit up. Guess that's one thing off his chest. I walked over to the crib just to see a perfect little angel. He was so adorable! And he looked just like Naru except my tanish skin complexion compared to his paleness.

"Awe how cute! I wonder why no one would take him? Oh well! I'm going to be his new mommy now!"

The little one's eyes shown bright, little gurgles escaped his mouth in joy. I picked up the little joy and held him to my chest, cradling him.

"Thank you Mai. I'll have people send over the crib to where you work. I would think your boss would help you carry it up to your place since you don't have a car."

"Yes I think that would be best. I have to go to work anyway." I said with my usual bright smile.

"Oh! And before I forget there's some tips and his information in the baby bag. Of course I put extra money in there to get other needs and pay expenses."