Case 2: Surprise

Monk Pov late morning

Today is the day! Just yesterday Mai and Naru ended up living together under a misfortune, but there finally; I mean finally showing more affection together! I just hope that Baby Gene could create a miracle and bring those two together already! Do you know how many times we've tried over the years?!? Now the plan is in action to surprise the other members of SPR. Oh there gonna freak!

"Hey Ayako! We should go get some toys for Baby Gene!"

"Yeah. I already bought some baby books for him. Of course there related to ghosts. Haha!"
She tried to stifle her laughter, which just caused me to laugh along with her.

"Haha! I was thinking of getting him a few toys, that way he can be entertained while Mai and Naru are working and we or the others aren't there."

And with that we were off and got some toys. While at the store we ran into Lin who was also getting a toy for Gene. I got him a stuffed bear and guitar, Ayako got him some blocks and Lin got a plush ghost and car. All in all the kid should be entertained. Oh how my Jou-chan has grown up!

Ayako called the members and said there's an emergency and to meet up at SPR in an hour.

This is going to be great!

Mai Pov : early morning.

I opened my eyes cause of the sun shining through the cracks of the curtain. I tried to get up so I could make breakfast but to my dismay I was held in place. I looked over to see Naru had wrapped his arms around my waist. I was up against his chest with his head snuggled up to me. My faced flushed red. I tried to get him to let go of me but it was of no use. All I could do was turn my body around to face him.

"Naru... Naru... wake up..." I gently tried to wake him up. I don't want an angry tea loving jerk in the morning.

Instead he just pulled me in closer.

"N-Naru..." I stutter. I put my hands up against his chest trying to put some distance between us. Oh this is frustrating.

Then by some miracle Gene had started to cry. I let out a breath of relief. With Gene crying Naru immediately woke up.

"So are you going to stay here or are you going to get Gene?"

That made me mad! He was the reason I couldn't get up!

"I tried to wake you up but you wouldn't let go of me!"

"Oh." Naru let go and got up along with me.

I got Gene and decided he needed a bath. Stripping him down and taking off his diaper, I grab a towel for him and take him to the bathroom. I started to wash him and make him smell like vanilla. I got him out put on a fresh new diaper and a new set of clothes. I payed him down in his crib and gave him a little toy shaker I found in the bag.

Naru came back in the room hair still wet from his shower in the other bathroom. Damn it was hot. My face flushed red.

"Naru can you watch Gene while I take a shower and get dressed? Then I'll make some breakfast for us!"

Naru gave a small smile and nodded. Lately he has been showing his emotions. And I'm happy that he started to and I was the first to see it! I feel accomplished. After getting ready I walked out to get Genes baby food. Then it was time for me to get me and Naru's breakfast. I already guessed that Lin left to go somewhere. Oh well!

Naru Pov

I woke up to see Mai snuggled up in my arms. To say the least that was embarrassing. I keep my stoic face. I left to take a shower in the second bathroom. Go say the least I becoming more like a regular teenager than I want. Seeing Mai where my clothes... oh god...