Bonus Chapter (Douglas' POV)

Which cover was your favourite?

Please read til the end

•••

Douglas' POV

"I'm glad you came, Krys. I really am. Thanks," I said, smiling as I placed a hand on hers, patting it comfortingly.

I was being honest. I was really glad she came. Even when I first saw her first when I came to, I felt relieved,  glad she came, glad she was the one that was staring back at me.

She nodded, smiling brightly as if she hadn't expected me to say that. "You're welcome, Douglas." Her voice was shaky, but sounded relieved.

Her eyes were staring back into mine, and only when I heard her breathing speed up did I realize that we were too close to one another. Her body was pressed against mine, although there was some space otherwise. But the heat radiating from her body burned into my skin as if it wanted, no needed to remind me just how close I was to the girl that had crept under my skin. It needed to remind me just how close I was to the girl I had developed feelings for.

My eyes drifted to stare at her lips before quickly shifting back to meet her gaze. I was reminded of yesterday. Reminded of the moment my eyes had met hers at the party.

Reminded of just how it might have looked good her, me half naked with a girl in my arms. A girl I had just offered to go with me somewhere private.

It didn't matter that I had left as soon as I realized how stupid I had been acting. It didn't matter than the only girl I wanted in the entire goddamn place had walked away with Alex, disappearing before I got up the nerve to tell her just how much I wanted her.

And it didn't even matter that I would've gone after her if I hadn't realized that the next day was mom's anniversary and I didn't want to tell her given my messed up antics on that day.

As soon as I saw the way a flash of hurt had painted her eyes, I knew I was the worst human being in the entire planet.

Before I could even properly digest what I was intending to do and the repercussions it would bring, I found myself leaning in towards Krys. I found myself wanting to close the distance between us as quickly as possible. And I found myself wanting her with a need that couldn't be quenched.

I felt horrible instantly, taking advantage of her, especially when she came here most probably with tricks by my friends. I felt horrible imposing myself on her. But despite all that, I continued to lean into her.

Krystal's eyes were full with confusion, and something else, but I couldn't even process that, especially at that moment.

Just as I'm about to kiss me, she turns her face to the side and my lips press against her cheeks.

I felt embrassed, self-pity all at the same time; but not because she basically rejected me, but because I had wanted to kiss her, especially when it was obvious she was scared.

Before she could push me away in disgust, I did the only thing I concluded I could do to get out of this conundrum with my ego and body intact. I decided to pretend to fall asleep.

"Douglas?" I felt her try to push against me, but I continued my charade. "Douglas?" her voice was pleading this time, yet I continued to pretend to be asleep.

I felt guilty for doing this, but I continued to do it. After a couple of minutes, she finally managed to get me off herself.

Then I heard her dialing someone.