Chapter Seven-Summer

Sydney's POV

Why do people keep their pools so cold? I never liked it. I prefer my water to be slightly warmer, thank you very much. I let myself sink to the bottom. Stupid John... why do I like him again? I decide to let him wait. Let him worry about me. I can hold my breath for a sufficiently long time. Just long enough to give him a scare. I wait, until I can look up and see him looking over the edge. He's probably saying something, but I can't hear it from down here. I push myself to the surface. He's still kneeling by the edge.

"GOD!! SYDNEY!! DON'T DO THAT" He shouts in my face. He grabs my head and pulls me up, embracing me.

"That's what I said" I tell him. "I was fine." He plants a kiss on my forehead.

"Never do that again!" He says. I look at him devilishly.

"What?" He asks. I let myself sink down a little bit. I'm going to get payback. If he hadn't pulled off his shirt and shocked me into being stupid, this would have never happened. I think about my poor cover up. Stuck to my shoulders. Floating beneath me in the pool. Oh yeah. He's gonna pay. I propel myself out of the water, and meet his mouth in a kiss. It tastes like chlorine, which I never thought would turn sweet with revenge. I wrap my arms around his neck, and deepen the kiss. People are starting to make gagging noises. He seems confused. His confusion quickly turns to anger as I tighten my arms around his neck, and use the pool wall to push myself, and John, away from the cement surrounding the pool. I feel his skin pressing against mine as he flounders in the pool next to me. When he resurfaces, his hair is laying flat, the poof all gone. I smirk evilly at the sight of it. Hehehe. The gold cross he wears hangs around his neck, stuck against his chest.

"So that's how you wanna play, huh?" He asks. I smirk. He leans in and gives me a kiss again. Then before I know it, my head is being slammed under the water. Dang.

John's POV

I can't believe I let her pull that on me. I hold her under for a little longer. She starts to squirm so I let her up.

"OK!" She gasps. "Truce!" I smile.

"Given up already, huh?"

"YES!" She says. I lean in, hoping to actually give her a kiss this time. She winds her arms around my neck, and I can smell the chemicals of the pool coming off her skin. She lifts her legs off the floor of the pool, and wraps them around my waist, so I'm totally supporting her weight. I deepen the kiss, enjoying the feel of her mouth. Suddenly she pulls back, lets go of my neck, then uses her body weight and one of her legs to throw me off balance and trip my feet up from underneath me. My head goes under and she bounces off me. I pop back up. The entire crowd is screaming "SYDNEY! SYDNEY!"

"You-You said truce!" I exclaim. She smiles.

"I lied" I try to put on a face of anger, but that was pretty awesome, and I can't help but be impressed. Still. I grab her waist and pick her up above my head.

"NOOO JOHN!! PUT ME DOWN!!!" She screams. Hehe. I'm enjoying this too much. I throw her halfway across the pool. She surprises me by doing a quick roll mid air and lands feet first in the water. Her head doesn't even go under.

"NO FAIR" I squeal. "YOU CAN'T USE YOUR JUDO!"

"Wanna bet?" She smirks. Why do I like her again?"

She swims up to me. "I'm sorry. Forgive me?"

Did I mention that I hate her? "Yes, I can't stay mad at you."

" I know." Then before I know it, her hand is on my hip and I'm being flipped over her shoulder. My head submerges again.

"WHYYYYYY?' I cry as I come up. "You said you wouldn't use judo!" I pout like a little baby.

"Oh, John... I'm sorry."

"No you're not."

"Don't be so childish." That infuriates me. I charge at her. She makes a face at me. Then my face is in the water again.