Chapter 8- Summer

Sydney's POV

I knew I could rely on his boyish pride to be the death of him. As he charges toward me, I side-step, then use his momentum to throw him towards the water. His face makes a satisfying smack. I don't even feel bad about this one. He pops up behind me. I don't even pay attention as I saunter away towards my screaming fans. Then I realize they're screaming warnings at me. Too late. A pair of strong hands clasp around my waist. I cry out and squirm around to face him. He lifts me up.

"Bye, bye Sydney! Nice knowing you!" He lifts me higher, getting ready to either chuck me or dunk me. Not gonna happen. I shoot my legs out, mounting around his neck, and then twisting so it's as if we are going to do a chicken war. I lean back, dragging him backwards. He fights for balance and tries to pull my legs off, but my grip is secure. We start to teter, and I think he's trying to maneuver so I go under first.

"Not gonna happen" I lean down and growl in his ear. Then, using the fact that I was leaning forward, launch off his chest with my feet, successfully pushing myself away from him, and sending him tumbling backwards, under the water. Yet again. Using the few seconds I have, I scale the stairs, and run to our chair. I strip off my cover up, and grab a towel to dry myself off with.

John ignores the ladder and pulls himself up onto the deck like he's doing a pull up. He starts to make his way over to me, but several people block him.

"Come on, John, she won fair and square"

"Yeah, leave 'er alone."

"She won!"

Sorry kinda short!